who will win country champs in div 1 men

strath
murray bridge
pt pire
great southern

Topic #19159 | Report this topic

Wayville 35  
Years ago

Country Champs were played over the Jan long weekend.

Mount Gambier def Eastern Hills in the final.

Reply #226913 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

in 18s

Reply #226914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about jnrs?

Reply #226937 | Report this post

bags of  
Years ago

What happened to strath at the millicent invitational on the weekend??

Reply #227043 | Report this post

charge  
Years ago

U/18 Boys = Murray Bridge Bullets
U/18 Girls= Eastern Hills
U/16 Boys= Murray Bridge Bullets
U/16 Girls= Yorkers

Reply #227230 | Report this post

ms 23  
Years ago

strath can beat bullets in 18s and 16s
we will find out how gd bullets will be

Reply #227234 | Report this post

big daddy  
Years ago

strath go cheated there were mt gamiber people on the scoring and strath shot a 3 to win the game

Reply #227235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt be surprised if Yorkers won both 16's and 18's girls, if some of their 16's play both.

Reply #227241 | Report this post

fox 49  
Years ago

next weekend is 14's & 18's.
"big daddy" your post makes zero sense.

Reply #227243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(ms 23) Strath and Bullets have a good rivalry now and it should be a good hit out for both teams, both have talented players.

Reply #227252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But most of Straths players are not from Strath. They are not real

Reply #227263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

missing whyalla

Reply #227275 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Strath players don't come from Strath, then where?

The iron triangle, sorry upper spencer gulf, towns are always strong.

Reply #227287 | Report this post

charge  
Years ago

Yeah true Strath has a few outsiders, they recruit them from everywhere & anywhere.

Reply #227292 | Report this post

doc  
Years ago

the only player from strath who isent from there are milera

milera goes to boarding skool down at sacred heart and didnt want to drive 350 kms just to play country champs

strath can match any team in SA country areas

Reply #227534 | Report this post

bomber  
Years ago

C'mon you mighty BULLETS!!!

Reply #227647 | Report this post

bullets  
Years ago

strath will win country champs

Reply #227658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yorkers for div 2 u18s men winner

Reply #227895 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Pirie not at full strength, playing with 7.

Port Pirie vs. Whyalla in all 3 Carnivals (Port Augusta, Port Pirie, Whyalla).

Whyalla 2 - 1 Port Pirie.

Reply #228078 | Report this post

Edinburgh 19  
Years ago

18's or 14's?

Reply #228079 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

18 boys sorry... I was sort of reading between each panel and most chat was based on the 18's.

Pirie 14 Boys will be a Top 4. Won Carnivals in Augusta & Pirie, but lost out in Whyalla.

Pirie 14 Girls will push teams as they are pretty talented and are running with some confidence after a great showing in Whyalla making the Grand Final - BUT Augusta is AWESOME!

Pirie 18 Girls are Div. 2, they'll do alright in Div 2. A nucleus of the girls are first year and play A Women locally.

Reply #228082 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Pirie 14 Boys - Div 1 Champs.

Pirie 18 Girls - Div 2 Champs.

Reply #228301 | Report this post

Frog 71  
Years ago

who'd they beat?

Reply #228312 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

U14B Pirie beat Great Sthn 53-29
U14G Murray B beat Mildura 41-36
U18B Murray B beat Strath 55-47
U18G Mt Gambier beat Whyalla 46-18

Reply #228327 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

Well done bullets the old adage applied a champion team will always beat a team of champions, all bullets boy 9 of them scored and the coach also used his bench effectively throughout the weekend.

Reply #228333 | Report this post

wanker  
Years ago

(Mod: Go away.)

Reply #228341 | Report this post

Edinburgh 91  
Years ago

Get off his back he is a state champion and who ever wrote that needs to stop sooking about losing and move on.

Reply #228349 | Report this post

cat95  
Years ago

well done bullets, that was a great win over strath. in my view i think strath are just pissed cause they lost bullets 55- strath 47

Reply #228351 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

thats crap wanker the lad is part of a successful bullets program and has won 3 state champs in a row, not many players have that record, he maybe up for 4 next year. He might not be the most gifted but he contributes the a team environment well.

Reply #228352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who thinks Strath are a bunch of Champions???????? More like imports, and if SA Country dont stop this soon the Carnival will become a joke!!!

So how many ring ins do they have for the 16 team?

Reply #228374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who saw the game will agree that it was a great game. Strath played well and Murray Bridge played better and they deserved to win and thats how it should stay rather than it becoming a dirty slanging match...

Reply #228377 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

sorry they have 3 state players which i meant if they played as a team they could have won. There coach straths puts in a mountain of work and is a good sport. If you watch them they give little time to develop other players in their team. Not one screen was set for their good guards and one of their big will shoot over 3 defenders instead of passing to open people. They get beaten in big carnivals because everybody knows what they are going to do. Strath are good people well done on your carnival you were beaten by a better drilled team that had 9 scorers instead of two or three look at the score sheet, bullets shared the workload because they develop all 9 players with specific roles and time.

Reply #228378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of Team Development - Based on district and state representative you would say Murray Bridge Should have won? Making out like the whole of the Murray Bridge team only plays in a local competition - have a pretty good pull of players with representative experience.

Murray Bridge - 6 district history, 7 Albury rep history, 4 nationals rep history
Strath - 4 district history, 5 albury rep history and 1 nationals rep history.

mmmmmmmmm??????

Reply #228383 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

that is history 2 lads curently playing div 1 for Mavs, Another plays limited district long term illness and one plays div3 for Mavs that is four currently playing district, not sure about strath probably 4 play district what is your point anon. I was not having a go at Strath players just their structure is predictable and an honest assessment. If you were at the carnival Strath would have been favourites on form.

Reply #228387 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Geepers, does this mean The Bridge should have really won by..............a lot more?????????

Reply #228396 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

ok anon I will play your game we were the better team we should have beaten them by more, end of story the bullets boys were surprised and happy to win state champs congrats to Salts his first State Champs win well done. If you are a strath parent you need to look at yourself and occassionally compliment people and stop being negative

Reply #228397 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry but 'legend' started this and there are facts for/against both sides.....GAME OVER!

Reply #228398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF!!!!!!!!!! idiots

Reply #228410 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiots

Reply #228411 | Report this post

meatloversnot  
Years ago

Good to see your back Legend Wingard, your son must be filling in again is he? Have missed your extensive knowledge on absolutely everything! Obviously Bullets won. Sounds like its just another country carnival! Well done all.

Reply #228435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny thing is here, this sounds like parents wrapping it up for their kids...dont live your lives thru your kids....go get your own life!!!!!

are the kids worried about this shit...? NO, they were out there and played a good game of ball...tried hard all weekend and did themselves and coaches proud..

some serious ballers in both teams who have played for SA and good one them...the rest of you need to grow up...congrats to all the players who played in the country champs...i watched sunday and 1/2 of yesterday and the quality of bball being played was very good...

Reply #228436 | Report this post

Cat 76  
Years ago

Hey legend if this statement is not having a go at their players I dont know what is !!.......

"Not one screen was set for their good guards and one of their big will shoot over 3 defenders instead of passing to open people. They get beaten in big carnivals because everybody knows what they are going to do."

You are such an expert !

I agree with who ever says stop writing this crap .The kids don't give a toss about all this .
I am sure the game was played fair & square, the best team won on the day.
Get a life legend & stop stirring up trouble.

Reply #228440 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

Can not believe you meatlover a smear campaign against bullets kids from some sour parents.At least people know who I am and not a coward and sling at parents and kids. I know who is up to this will not be a problem next year but had a Really Awsom weekend. I don't mind you having a go at me but to have a go at young men is disgraceful

Reply #228442 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

also well done to Wayville run a very smooth carnival with good catering and faclities and good luck to Juniors with Nationals and selection and do SA proud.

Reply #228450 | Report this post

pippen  
Years ago

all u bulletts guys suck penis and just got lucky to win

Reply #228549 | Report this post

lebron  
Years ago

strath 16s will clearly dominate state champs and hartman is gonna lose his bet so looks like he ows me ten bucks

Reply #228550 | Report this post

DX  
Years ago

Bullets will clean up Strath in the U/16 boys as well, they have a couple of talented players and they play smarter basketball

Reply #228615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Name an U18 player in this thread and get blocked.

Reply #228657 | Report this post

Mushroom  
Years ago

Can someone puulleeese exploin why the country teams participate in State Champs - My understanding is that the points that are awarded from this competition are only good for the District teams to get them possibly a spot at the Classics Carnival in Melbourne, or do country teams go to this comp as well?

If this is the case and this competition gets the Country teams to no further competitions would it not make sense and to make it a more equitable comp that the points be awarded to the first placed District team, even if the Country teams do finish first.

Or is that how it is set-up?? sorry I am a bit in the dark on how it works. Constructive feed back would be appreciated.

Reply #228668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mushroom:: Country teams can simply register to play in the city champs and thats it, no one bats an eyelid.
In fact you will see more and more teams being a mixture of what Strath are and that is kids from different regions playing under 1 umbrella...
If you ask the right ppl you can get the blessing's of the right ppl in the right places and it all falls into place.

I have heard of coaches down south trying to get teams together on a large scale to compete like this all the time!

Reply #228686 | Report this post

Mushroom  
Years ago

If this is the case it makes a mockery of the whole competition, but why am I not surprised, it is run by BSA - thought they were movers and shakers and were going to shake this whole BASA system up and remodel and re-modify. This is obviously then another area that needs to be addressed.

Reply #228687 | Report this post

Pulteney 85  
Years ago

Mushroom - it's not the case.

It used to be, but this year BSA have put an end to allowing country teams/squads (ie, Limestone coast) to compete in state champs.

Reply #228689 | Report this post

Mushroom  
Years ago

Well I eat my words and well done to BSA for being instrumental in implementing the changes!!

Reply #228693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Div 2 yorkers u18 side could have made an impact in the div 1 competition they were a very strong side and they could have been better competition for the stronger teams

Reply #228975 | Report this post

Coach C  
Years ago

Div 1 State Country Champs
U/16 Boys -
1st Murray Bridge Bullets
2nd Strathalbyn Storm
3rd Port Augusta Devils
4th Port Pirie Panthers

Reply #228989 | Report this post

repo  
Years ago

Well done to the State Country Champions the Murray Bridge Bullets U/16 div 1 boy's, wow what a grand final it was and well done to the Strath boys who fought the game out to the very end...

Reply #230199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea such a good grand final marray bridge v strath... i can say that cos i was playing in it.

Reply #230354 | Report this post

MBTM  
Years ago

yes, i also was playin in the 16 grand for strath.
must say it was the best game we had gainst each other for the whole year. with the game in the first quarter pushing out to a 10+ lead by murray bridge, and strath being able to get it back and be 10+ points up in 3rd quarter was amazin, but then for bridge to get it back, while 1 main player down was brilliant. both teams gave everything, and game could have gone either way. great end to the carnival.

(Mod: Deleted. No naming U18 players.)

all together the murray bridge and strath boys played there game to the fullest

and congrads to both coaches for gettin to the grand

Reply #230469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MBTM - please read the rules and warnings - no naming under 18 players with comments on their performances (either good or bad). Thanks.

Reply #230473 | Report this post

storm  
Years ago

i was also playing for strath in the grand final and it was a great game with each team getting a 10point+ lead but with the other team catching up again.

(Mod: Deleted. Please read the rules.)

Whoever was writing at the top the strath imports there players have no idea what they are talking about. The club is called Strathalbyn AND DISTRICTS basketball association. half their players come from langhorne creek because they dont have their own stadium and the towns population is under 300 people. Some of the people that don't live within 15km of strath play basketball there because they are given a fair go there by umpires, players and coaches unlike at some of the other associations.

Even though Murray bridge won more titles than strath this year you have to compare the size of strath to murray bridge and then you can see how well strath does against some of the much larger towns in sport.

Reply #230475 | Report this post

MBTM  
Years ago

great post storm,
need to agree wid you there

Reply #230479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players under the age of 18. That includes players under the age of 16. Sorry, removing your posts that name players under 18.

Reply #230488 | Report this post

storm  
Years ago

cheers mbtm
sorry isaac

Reply #230560 | Report this post

orange 10  
Years ago

Eastern hills end up coming 3rd giving strath a good run for there money. Any1 no how it got so close?

In previous carnival hills, bullets and strath have had some rippers.

Reply #230623 | Report this post

storm  
Years ago

the game against eastern hills went into overtime and a strath kid hit a foul shot after the buzzer went to win the game.

Reply #230638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Storm are da bomb man we is too kool 4 skool

Reply #230643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754