bballfan
Years ago

Gold Coast Blaze: Wright or Beveridge

rumour has joey wright or rob beveridge to coach blaze next year joyce sacked your thoughts on joey wright i think he is the wrong coach for this team unless they want to go broke with his wish list of players

Topic #19161 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Can someone fluent dumb speak please translate this for me?

Reply #226923 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skip, just add your own punctuation and see if it makes sense. If you ask someone to use punctuation who never uses it, its likely to be put it in the wrong places and make it even more confusing.

Reply #226924 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

rumour has joey wright or rob beveridge to coach blaze next year

joyce sacked

your thoughts on joey wright?

i think he is the wrong coach for this team unless they want to go broke with his wish list of players

Reply #226926 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

thanks, i dont have that much time on my hands to worry.Is this better SKIP.

Reply #226927 | Report this post

curtley_ambrose  
Years ago

Lets see if we can make more than 50% of posts on this topic regarding the bad punctuation and not the actual topic itself.

Reply #226928 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Kobe you forgot capitals :P

Reply #226933 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Bye,bye Ninnis, get Joey if he's available, then we might see some aggressive defense up the court instead of watching our "no intensity" d.

Reply #226934 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

you have got to be kidding getting rid of ninnis he has done a great job in his first year.

Reference wright, lets see he hasnt proven that he can coach as he has always had a loaded team. Then his next coaching job he got the flick i believe reason he didnt have a a loaded team. i think that should answer everyone about his coaching ability.

Reply #226935 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Rumour!! Has Joey wright or rob? Beveridge - to coach blaze next year! Joyce "sacked-your-thoughts" on Joey Wright i think? He is the wrong coach. For this team, unless they want to go broke, with his wish list of players.

Hopefully this clears things up Skip.

Reply #226936 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

and if it doesn't...

"Contract was LAST WEEK! Turtleneck sweaters ALL over the place. Joyce signed, then he un-signed, he's playing the TUBA down at the beach next week! Not thinking is an optional extra. How can he be at the club if he's down the shop buying MARSHMALLOWS?"

Reply #226938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey wright is the right man in any organisation....but at what cost?

Joyce will pop up somewhere if indeed he is sacked/terminates his own contract.

I would have him over Ninnis any day...

Reply #226940 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Wright has already got a job elsewhere for next year... not at the Blaze

Reply #226945 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Drb - Reference wright, lets see he hasnt proven that he can coach as he has always had a loaded team.

well Ninnis had a loaded team and finished 6th, bringing in Joey ay not be such a bad move.

Reply #226948 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Whats Joyce Jr gona do if his daddy isn't the Coach?

Reply #226949 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Drb, you could say Ninnis had a loaded team this year as well. He difinitely did not bring out the best in his team. Look at the difference in results a coach brings. Ninnis has done a good job considering his lack of experience as a head coach, not a good job end of story.

Reply #226953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All the talk against Wright (or whoever else) for Joyce's job would be bolstering the resolve of the owners. This campaign by Joyce/friends/whoever would be backfiring, IMO.

Gold Coast crowds dropped 29% this season - second worst in the league (after Sydney's 37% drop). The other big decline was the Hawks down 23%.

Biggest increases, for those interested, were NZ (up 23%), South (up 14%) and Adelaide (up 6%).

---

Now, there's been a few responses re Wright, but what about Beveridge? Would be a superb replacement for Joyce.

Reply #226956 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Rod, Joey is definately keen to come back to coach in Oz- that was straight from the horse's mouth last week.
He does not have another coaching job lined up for next season.

Reply #226961 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bevo is a great coach. Has proven he can take junior talent and harness it - much like Goorj in his early days as head coach of the Spectres.
Personally, If I wanted to put together a new team that included a fair slice of young talent, then Bevo would be number 1 on my list of potential coaches.

Reply #226963 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Maybe Heal came out last week pumping up Joyce junior so that he could move Joyce senior out of the way and take up the coaching job? Stay tuned!

Reply #226970 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Player coach/Joyce Jr LOL, imagine it? Be some awesome results, daddy could give him advice over dinner.

Reply #226996 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

I was in Townsville last week for the 20's and to my absolute amazement, heard a rumour from reasonably well-connected sources that the Townsville management group are interested in the coaching services of one B Joyce. Mind you, this was before their win in Perth so Gleeson may have done enough (even though I'd have thought he was safe given his roster and results thus far).

Why would anybody contemplate trading Gleeson for Joyce (unless there is some deep unrest which has gone largely unreported within the Crocs camp?)

Reply #227004 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Not sure to be honest, but I know that Corey and Gleeson butt heads a fair bit?

Reply #227036 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

corey and the WORLD butt heads a fair bit !!!!

Reply #227040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, but it's double bad when it happens with your coach!

Reply #227041 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Have to go with Bevo for all the reasons LC mentioned.

Reply #227044 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Agree with LC & TR.

Bevo would be a great choice.

Reply #227048 | Report this post

OutBenchThis  
Years ago

I've heard the owners are keen on Joey replacing Joyce Snr. Hopefully it happens.

Heal is not in the running for an assistent coaching role (believe me, that was my first thought too)..he's going to be a Fox Sports Commentator next season with Gaze.

Reply #228291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754