Anonymous
Years ago

Can lightning win?

Who has their money on lightning this weekend? Who is everyone tipping?

Topic #19162 | Report this topic

Go Girls  
Years ago

Bendigo are playing very well at the moment. the lightning will have to get back their pre Xmas form to win. Here's hoping

Reply #226954 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

First up if they make it to the weekend then they would have already beaten Bendigo - which I think they will do. Will they still be in the play offs Sunday morning, it will be tough having to get to Townsville after playing Wednesday night for a Saturday afternoon match. Unfortunately I don't think they are good enough to get past Townsville in their home stadium - however Townsville may crack under finals pressure.

I think the Caps will win the whole lot.

Reply #226955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone should get out and support the girls in which will be a fantastic game of basketball on Wednesday night. It will be their last game of the season at home, so lets support them and get them over the line.

Reply #226969 | Report this post

Daffyth  
Years ago

My moneys on Harrower exploding for 40; finals time is her time.

Whoever gets her matchup is going to have to sacrifice their game to keep her in check. Who will it be, Marino? Foley?
Adelaide don't really have any defensively minded guards at first inspection..

Reply #227037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duke will take her. As long as she doesn't get into foul trouble (which she probably wont with the completely bias adelaide refs) she'll do a good job on her

Reply #227038 | Report this post

Daffyth  
Years ago

As far as im aware, the league flies in neutral refs? Or that may only be for semi's.
I know they are flying them in for Bulleen/Canberra on Friday.

Reply #227047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Duke will get Harrower,and if she can hold her to 15-20 pts and if Francis can produce last weeks performance, and Foley fires then Adelaide should win.

Its a team of fantastic individual players, but unless they can learn to play as a team, they will not go to deep into the finals.

Should mention Sam Woosnams second half of the season has been fantastic, and Adelaide should be doing all possible to make sure she signs again for next season.

Reply #227061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the key to any of adelaides wins in 2009 has been foley not firing! lets be honest, she has been misfiring since the start of the new year!

Reply #227078 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Sam = good, then Lightning = win
If Sam = bad night, then Lightning = bad night

Reply #227083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #227120 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind hearing about the game.

Reply #227145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning won 81-73.

Reply #227154 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Marino cleared to play.
I reckon we might beat Townsville.

Reply #227257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754