COOPZ
Years ago

Mahersy Retirement Story on Fox Tonight

Thought i would give everyone a heads up.

As a labour of love, and tribute to Mahersy, we have put together a retirement story on him and it will air throughout today and early tomoro on fox sports news.

in a FSN first, they allowed me a massive 5mins! for the long version, as they knew how much work went into it. so if you tune in to one of our hour long shows (and no one gets punched out at footy training or something today) then we should show the long 5min version.

The shorter one (which will be for our half hour shows) is more about his career, the longer one shows the brett we all know and love. with a lot of laughs to be had.

We are always crying out for more coverage, so keeping that in mind, can you keep your negative/know-it-all comments to yourself, its not productive.

Massive thanks have to go to Boti, the coach that can't be named, surmdog! and Steve Breheny for helping me accumulate all the old footage too.

Topic #19164 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Cheers COOPZ will keep an eye out for it, great work.

Reply #226976 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Awesome, look forward to it..

Reply #226986 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Caught it last night, good job, any coverage is good coverage. "Gotta wash that grey right outta my hair", don't fight it Brett, turn into the silver fox, it worked for Drewy.

Reply #227057 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

yeh that was classic! and the story about the BBQ was a good one too. that was my favourite story in Mahervellous, it was funny to hear him tell it himself.

Reply #227059 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Unfortunately I missed it: is the footage available abywhere?

Reply #227169 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

i just checked our website, and it seems we only put up match reports, i will see what i can do,

check back here later.

Reply #227195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754