LA Boy
Years ago

Pistons below .500!

Just checked the NBA standings today and the Detroit Pistons has now become a sub .500 team! I was like WTF! At this stage in the season I think the last time they were a sub .500 would be 2002? (Maybe even earlier). Now as an AI fan, is he cancer?

Also does anyone think Detroit can land a big name in 2010? I really can't see Lebron signing with them...

Topic #19177 | Report this topic

jules  
Years ago

It's not Iversons fault, its a poorly made up team

Reply #227124 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

you do realize it's the same team with AI instead of Billups

Reply #227129 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Two words.........

Michael

Curry

Reply #227131 | Report this post

billups#1  
Years ago

Two words......

Allen

Iverson

Reply #227133 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

AI is not the problem is almost everything else that is

Reply #227135 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Agree.... time to move Curry.

Reply #227138 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

While I agree that Curry is some of the problem, the Pistons started 10-2 with Billups and since the trade for AI have gone 23-28. IMO AI is as much of the problem, the Pistons had great chemistry and didn't have any one player that was THE man until AI.

If it doesn't work out the Pistons will just clear the cap space.

Reply #227172 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Happy to see this happening..

; )

Reply #227181 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I think its more the loss of Billups than the addition of AI. AI will do his thing no matter what team he is on.

I think that its just Dumars trying to go into rebuilding mode without looking like he is. I think he decided after last year's playoffs that this team wasn't going any deeper. E.g. getting rid of billups' multi-year contract for an expiring one and trying to make the fans forget about it by making the expiring one AI.

I am sure he would have had offers for Rasheed's expiring contract if he wanted to win now.

Reply #227185 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I'm saying Iverson being on the team is bad for them, but no one should blame him. The team is poorly assembled. It seems since Billups left, no one knows their role. It's a bit of a mess

Reply #227322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754