Cat15
Years ago

Where are they now?-ex sixers

Hi Guys, I was thinking about this last night (for some very strange reason) and wondered what some of our ex players were doing now.
Guys like:
Willie Simmons
Willie Farley
Leon Trimingham
Chappell

Mee and Brooks we know about. Hodge I believe is in France.

And we don't need responses like:

Willie Simmons - now working as a telegraph pole
Willie Farley - Trying to convince people he did once play D
Leon Trimingham - In Oz looking for his heart
Chappell - Desperately searching for his athleticism. etc....

Topic #19182 | Report this topic

Mrs SW  
Years ago

.....also CT - he seemed to disappear from the radar too.

Reply #227194 | Report this post

Cat15  
Years ago

CT? who was that?

Reply #227196 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Charles Thomas.

Reply #227197 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Last I heard LT was in Asia playing, he still might be, or he only retired a year or so ago

Reply #227198 | Report this post

MH  
Years ago

CT has retired from basketball. Spoke to him the other day. Use to coach his son when he was in Adelaide. Top Bloke

Reply #227200 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

MH is he back in the States now?

Reply #227203 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I thought Charles Thomas was a school principal now

Reply #227207 | Report this post

Where about  
Years ago

Ct is coaching at a small college

Reply #227208 | Report this post

Mrs SW  
Years ago

Chappell was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I was really disappointed when he didnt work out as we'd hoped. I really hope he's doing ok.

Reply #227209 | Report this post

What about  
Years ago

What's half of last years 36ers lineup that didn't get another NBL gig doing now ?

Reply #227210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the Axe Up to?

Reply #227216 | Report this post

What about  
Years ago

Has there been any Jason Williams sightings lately ??

Reply #227225 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

see him round all the time... hes back in Adelaide

Reply #227226 | Report this post

What about  
Years ago

Was he still wearing the moon boot ?

Reply #227229 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

Jason williams is outashape and plays the 5 spot in a social team with an outashape courtside announcer and a guy from the Happy Days.

Reply #227236 | Report this post

stag  
Years ago

Jase is not out of shape, he comes into our work quite regularly.........dont criticise those athletes that have achieve more than us just because their opportunities were cut....! Good luck to all the past players it was a joy to watch them play.

Reply #227246 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

played jason williams in football the other year. he was the a grade ruckman for colonial light gardens i think. dont quote me but i think there in div 6 in the saafl. he was a good tap ruckman but needed work around the ground.

Reply #227248 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

What ever happened to Jeff Brown??? Silky soft, 3pt set shooting C, mobile as a zeppelin - I remember Dunlap talking him up when he was first signed, on the radio. The first time i saw him in uniform - oh boy... Was he the shortest lived import we ever had???

Reply #227273 | Report this post

Q  
Years ago

Whatever happened to Rod Grizzard?

Reply #227289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or our old captain, Bill jones

Reply #227336 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Jason Williams was playing in 2006 for Colonel Light Gardens in Div 7 SAAFL - was fairly unfit, had lost a lot of his effectiveness, basically just used his jumping in the ruck.

Only played 1 season, then disappeared. We got a new coach and J-Will wasn't keen on the whole pre-season thing.

Vanexel - what team you play for or used to?

Reply #227364 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Phil Smyth coaching bearcat girls at the dome tonite.
(Mark Williams with him)
May be of interest.

Reply #227365 | Report this post

mrtwister  
Years ago

Pretty sure Willie Simmons is still in Melbourne doing some Junior Development Coaching thingamy. He was playing Big V League, up until 1 or 2 years ago I think, for Sandringham, possibly with Matt Scalzi as well. But don't quote me on that.

Reply #227369 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

hey Bizzy play for Greenacres. we played against them when we were in div 6.

Reply #227380 | Report this post

Truth71  
Years ago

In a response to Cat15, LT44 always has his heart. He had enough heart to move thousands of miles from his hometown to play in another country (australia) and became a household name and an ALL STAR for all 4 years he was in the NBL. His heart was such that people would be glued to their television to watch him play day in and day out. Ask yourself this question, where's your heart at? What have you done that have made others and yourself proud? Haters!!!

Reply #293790 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Rick Brunson is now an assistant coach for the Chicago Bulls.

Reply #293875 | Report this post

pug 99  
Years ago

Trimingham is currently working on his Masters and is a drug and alchohol program instructor at Pam Lynchner state jail, in Humble, Texas.

Reply #324122 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754