ABBA loving poodle
Years ago

Faith No More have reformed!

http://www.fnm.com/news/

Topic #19193 | Report this topic

leopard  
Years ago

You want it all but you can't have it.
It's in your face but you can't grab it....

Hmmm, high school memories.

Reply #227276 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Fantastic news, I just hope they tour Australia!

Reply #227277 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

they rejoined to play a 1 time only gig in my spare bedroom.
Jokes aside, thats good news, the bands of today SUCK. Now we just gotta get Stone Temple Pilots to announce Aus/Nz tour dates ????

Reply #227281 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

A Stone Temple Pilots, Faith No More reunion tour... i can dream can't I!

Reply #227286 | Report this post

leopard  
Years ago

If we're talking popular early 90's bands I think I'd prefer Kurt Cobain to be reserected from the dead to play another Aussie show. Missed the first one and he killed himself before he was scheduled to come back out here for the second tour.

Reply #227288 | Report this post

Ball girl  
Years ago

Sorry I have no more faith in Faith No More.

Reply #227290 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FNM are one of my favourite groups (wish Jim Martin would replace Hudson though) so this is good news. Wouldn't be unhappy just to see them tour playing their old gear even.

Does Mr Bungle still tour?

Reply #227291 | Report this post

Years ago

Obviously Mike Patton didn't have enough different projects to work with.

Reply #227302 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Nirvana were a wicked band, Pearl Jam were good live,
I mostly listen to older hip hop but grew up with grunge. Faith No More would be a good concert to bang to

Reply #227303 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

No, Bungle don't tour anymore, they were fun to go see. They had a bad falling out toward the end some time around 2002 I think?

I loved Faith No More, but I remember when they were pretty big and on their last tour they didn't even half fill the ent cent, so not sure if they will tour oz. I'd love to see them at like Thebbie or something...

Reply #227307 | Report this post

Years ago

I think Thebby would be more appropriate for them now. I mean, while Patton has a loyal following, its realy been a decade (give or take a couple of years) since FNM themselves were relevant. I'm not sure a lot of the types that go to gigs these days would be aware of them (obviously many would know of them too though), as they're not really as popular nostalgically as some other older acts, mainly because their appeal was selective to begin with.

Reply #227330 | Report this post

Mincing poodle  
Years ago

Faith No More had a decent sized crowd last time at the Ent. Centre. They've played there a few times and while so far they're reforming solely for a European tour the talk is that there will more than likely be an Australian tour and if so I have no doubt it will be at the Ent. Centre again.

Mr. Bungle broke up on tour in 2000 (about six months after their Adelaide show) and there is no chance of them ever reforming as Patton and Trey Spruance hate each other.

Trey was the guitarist on FNM's King For A Day album. Patton was recruited to FNM in '88 because they were fans of him and Mr. Bungle and when Jim Martin was kicked out of the band after touring for Angel Dust they all wanted Trey except his fellow Mr. Bungle member Patton. He warned them against it and after recording KFAD Spruance refused to tour for it so they had to get another guitarist (Menta).

Anyway the line-up reforming is the Album Of The Year-era band with Jon Hudson on guitar. Supposedly the band had no interest in re-uniting with Jim Martin.

Reply #227340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754