nutter
Years ago

Crocs-Dragons: Cross court - or maybe not?

Did any one else see the cross court called in the last minute of the crocs game last night? To my knowlage of the NEW rules this should no longer have been a cross court because for a cross court to be called both the players feet plus the ball have to return to the back court before cross court is called. Can anyone actually confirm this?

Topic #19195 | Report this topic

Sheppo  
Years ago

No the cross court rules state that the ball and both feet must be in the front court before being considered in the front court however if you then step back onto the line once establishing front court position it is then a cross court.

Reply #227297 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Well either way it shouldnt have been a cross court as he never actually stepped back in to the back court, he reached front to the back and picked up the bouncing ball, he didn't actually step into the back court

Reply #227299 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think the issue is that he dribbled it in the back court whilst having both feet in the front court.

His momentum had gone back to retrieve the ball, as i believe the rule is as long as you are still moving into the front court you cant get called for it.

Reply #227306 | Report this post

Alamo  
Years ago

so was it right or wrong!?

Reply #227309 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Didn't see it....

Dragons way? It was right.

Oppositions advantage? Bad Call.

That's the way I always work out the tough ones.

Reply #227310 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

LOL Dicko.

I wasn't overly fussed by that call.

His feet were both into the front court, the ball which he was dribbling bounced off his heel and thus had yet to bounce into the front court, homicide reached out and continued the drible without moving his feet into the backcourt.

The doubt i guess should be if the ball hit his heel that had already touched the front court or that the foot/heel was still in the air/thus still in the backcourt cause it was yet to touch the front court.

either way in the flow of the play he clearly had to change direction and go back and retrieve the ball from the back court and the call looked easy enough to me. Had he not continued to dribble and just grabbed it they probably wouldnt have called it.

Reply #227317 | Report this post

hoosiers  
Years ago

what about the charge not called when williams polaxed a dragon before releasing the shot - when they had the momentum

Reply #227326 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

The referees got it wrong. He should have been allowed to even step into the back court as he was still dribbling the ball. Until the ball and both feet are in the front court, the 8 second count continues. Once again the referees showed they are human. Even the NBL Points of Emphasis document accepts that fact.

Reply #227373 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754