Camel 31
Years ago

new-NBL deadline today

Will we hear from BA or others today , regarding a rival bid for the sixers or the consortium ownership.
Whether there will be a Sydney team and the Hawks etc.? Press conference or media or on here?

Topic #19198 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I just sorted my working capital and my new licence cash so me and my boys can chuck our social team in.
Should be at least 3 teams now, I can handle 2cnd or 3rd place lol

Reply #227331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't expect to hear anything official for a couple of weeks at least.

Reply #227334 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sixers lodged their bid yesterday.

Reply #227341 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I know one particular bid for Brisbane decided not to pursue, which is a real shame because they would've put together a fabulous and honest product and unfortunately it wasn't because of finance- moreso other criteria that left them pretty short on time.
Here's hoping someone else will be successful for Brisbane-ites or this same group are successful next year.

Reply #227360 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

Is anyone concerned that is appears to be just a $$$ league - for the high rollers and not for teams like Wollongong or Cairns?

Reply #227375 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Not really, By making it for the high-rollers they are ensuring (well as much as possible) that theres no repeat of this year.

Yes its unfortunate that the smaller clubs may not be able to compete but thats business

Reply #227377 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

It's not a "high rollers" league, it's a "we aren't a bunch of broke arses that can't afford to pay our way" league which could be a slight improvement.

Reply #227381 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

with the loss of cairns, and the gong, there is a big loss of passion to this new league, those two sides win or lose were passionate and proud both as players and supporters

Reply #227382 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

with the loss of cairns, and the gong, there is a big loss of passion to this new league, those two sides win or lose were passionate and proud both as players and supporters

Reply #227383 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The idea of a B-League feeding the NBL is a good idea if run properly

Reply #227384 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cairns and Woolongong put in for it,Boti thinks.

And two bids for 36ers ( If I am reading Boti
correctly)

Reply #227386 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

nutter, they could be ensuring that there is no repeat of this year by scrapping the league altogether. I also wouldn't call the NBL strictly a business when its support comes from people passionate about the game and their team.

Reply #227390 | Report this post

hood  
Years ago

Weren't people like Fast Eddy, Greg Evans and the crook from firepower (Can't remember his name) "high rollers" ??
So what's going to change ?
The bigger they come the harder they fall.
I can't see how having 1.5 mil in the bank is going to ensure a club won't fold, when probably none of the clubs (with perhaps the exception of the Tigers) are making money anyway.

The new system might ensure that each bid has the funds to run the whole season, but what happens after that ?
Does BA really believe that suddenly fans will start flocking to the games because they've made a few changes to the league ?
I seriously doubt it.
BA couldn't organise a 6 year olds birthday party without fu**ing it up.

Reply #227456 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can't see how having 1.5 mil in the bank is going to ensure a club won't fold
It's not meant to stop them folding, but to cover for payments if they do fold - removes these awkward mis-season stumbles. They'd just play on and quit at the end of the season.

Reply #227485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754