Isaac
Years ago

Rafer Alston skips Gund Arena

After being benched in the first quarter in the Raptors' game against Cleveland, Rafter Alston walked out of the stadium in the fourth quarter.

Alston was suspended for two games last month after storming out of a practice session.

In December, he was held out of the starting line-up after getting a critical tech foul, and then said he would quit the NBA despite a 6-year, US$30 million contract.

You can take the kid out of the streets...

Full article

Topic #1920 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i think the problem with rafer is that hes up him self.he thinks every time he is subbed off it is an attack on him.he is the best guard at toronto by far.he should be playing close to a whole game every time.he usually plays 30 min a game.i think that why hes peeved.

Reply #21764 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

$30 million over 6 years........they could tell me to sit on the pine whenever they want..... geez, I would also play naked if required........

Reply #21766 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

did you know when a player signs a 10 day contract in the nba for a team, they get paid $8000 per game even if they ride the pine all game.

Reply #21769 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Hopefully he goes back to his And1 Roots and joins the tour again, Raef was fantastic

Reply #21794 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754