Glenn S
Years ago

CLUB FINANCIAL CLASSIC - Tournament Poster Release

The poster for the Club Financial Classic Women's ABA Preseason Tournament has been released and will be posted at Club Venues and all Champs stores in the next day or so. Take a look here...

Topic #1921 | Report this topic

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

Have you got referees and/or scoretable personel organised? Or will this be another tournament similar to the one at Mt Barker last weekend?

Reply #21752 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

Score bench and referees are committed and rostered already. Hope to see you in the stands Graeme

Reply #21753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard last weekend they were asking for referees at 10am saturday morning

Reply #21763 | Report this post

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

Yep, I got a call at about 11. :)

Reply #21789 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

me too!

Reply #21790 | Report this post

rodman  
Years ago

Might have to go to this should be good

Reply #21802 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

I got a call at 11:30am Saturday morning. And the only reason myself and Amy helped out, was the fact we felt sorry for Mavs. And after our experience down there on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, we will not be participating in anymore pre-season events.

Reply #21804 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Care to shed some light on what happened Nathan D?

Reply #21806 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

There was a fair bit of disrespect shown by a lot of people, which is surprising as there is generally a high level of repore "most" referees players/coaches. It was additionally surprising that it has started in a pre-season tournament which had no referees, and then 2 "volunteered" their time to help, but still got treated poorly. I don't wish to sound arrogant, but sometimes people have got to respect the people that go out of their way to help out.

Reply #21812 | Report this post

poster is really good - a bit dark in colour in the middle.

from what i understand a communication problem between mt barker mavs and ref director - do not know about bench people - one thought the other was onto it a bit more than what happened

Reply #21847 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

I would Have Reffed if I could but am still injured, scheduled to make a comeback in reserves tuesday night. I am trying not to damage anything else before the start of the ABL season.

I did try to help Sue from the
Mavs get a hold of some other refs though.

Reply #21848 | Report this post

plenty of dribble  
Years ago

I knew one ref everyone wanted to get hold of - usually after the game !

Reply #21853 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

what is with these refs? What else did you have planned for the weekend?

Reply #21965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be that arrogance that stops people from respecting you Nathan.

Reply #21998 | Report this post

pamela anderson  
Years ago

nathan's ok - there are a lot worse - in fact he's kinda cute

Reply #21999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nathan is gr8. Good coach, great guy and OK player. Im not nathan btw. Nice rack pamela!

Reply #22005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754