XztatiK
Years ago

Power to Tasmania?

After being built up by Rowey all day, this story was released just after 5.

According to Cornesy, there is a federal meeting being held to discuss the possibility for an AFL team in Tasmania, there will be three options on the table:

1.Create a new team for Tassie.

2.Relocate a Victorian team.

3.Relocate the Power.

Won't happen, I know, but it's interesting that they're even bringing up the Power's name. An agreement similar to what Hawthorn have is more viable.

One positive to the move is that it would significantly decrease the crime rate in SA.

Topic #19220 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

That's funny XztatiK but Crows players probably commit more crimes but we wont let facts get in the way of an attempted funny joke.

Reply #227585 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Wow that is so wity of you...*rolls eyes*

God i hate being a football fan in SA! You cant have a decent discusion with anyone without constant jokes about bogans! It shits me off to no end!

That aside this will never happen.

Reply #227586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever happened to "it's funny cause it's true"

Reply #227589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crows supporters are dickheads!

Reply #227591 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Both anon comments above immediately confirm my point!

Reply #227592 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and if anyone reads ninemsn, it states that port have said its no chance.

never was, its our history, tradition.

Reply #227593 | Report this post

all 10 years of power tradition?

Maybe tasmania can take the adelaide soccer team

Reply #227600 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Calm down KingJames and B-Easy, was just a friendly joke, I didn't expect Port supporters to find it funny but focus on the issue.

Reply #227601 | Report this post

fff  
Years ago

What has 100 legs and 4 teeth??

the port adelaide cheer squad!

Reply #227604 | Report this post

manbearpig  
Years ago

what do port supporters use for protection during sex? a bus shelter.

Reply #227606 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

ELG,

you know full well theres about 100 years more to the Powers tradition and history then just the time they have been apart of the AFL.

Reply #227609 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Tredders drops into Choco 's house on Thursday a couple of hours before training to talk about that night's session. As he walks in he sees
Choco finishing off his lunch - eating the biggest tomato he had ever seen.

A hobby vegie grower from way back, Tredders excitedly asks Choco "Where did ya get that tomato?"

"I grew it myself," Choco proudly answers. "Stiffy and Truck down at the Crows have a hobby farm and they mix up a secret blend of sheep manure, horse manure and cow manure and they gave me a bag."

"I've just gotta try some of that on my vegies" says Tredders, "Can you get me some?"

"No worries," is the reply, "I'll stop in at Stiffy 's on the way to training and grab you a bag."

At Alberton Oval that evening Peter Rohde has just finished signing up Michael Wilson for 6 more years when he walks out of his office and sees Choco dragging a large, heavy bag into the Power rooms.

"What's that?" he asks.

Choco replies "I've got a bag of sh*t from the Crows for Tredders."

"Well done" says Rhodey. "Good Trade!"

Reply #227611 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hahaha that's freakin awesome!

Reply #227612 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Lockstock I thought you were a Power supporter?! ;)

Reply #227613 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nope haha! Never been to Centrelink ;)

Reply #227615 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

X,
you are the man!

Reply #227626 | Report this post

It does happen.  
Years ago

I never EVER take my prized HQ Holden to a Power match, its classed as a limo down that way!

Reply #227627 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

In all seriousness, the Power wouldn't move there as it seems to want to be the NT/SA team of choice. There would be more chance of St Kentucky Fried Chicken moving there.

You'll find that after the premiership, Hawthorne will receive a groundswell of support from olde '80's fans. The Hawk experiment of playing in Lawn-ceston will die a slow death.

Should there be a team in Tassie? Probably, but it's like politics. Take the seat of say Elizabeth. When the ALP are in power they know that the punters will vote ALP, so why invest in that area? When the Libs are in power, ditto.

Unfortunately, Tassie is too Aussie Rules for its own good. The AFL knows they will support Aussie Rules rather than say NRL, or Union, or soccer - so why try to raise acceptance from 75% to 90%?

Like politics, the money always goes to the marginal seats.

Reply #227629 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Nice...relocate the Power, and relocate the people who support them. Other sports may then get a look in on the news reports and in the paper.

Reply #227630 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Drink driving stats are in: Surge in Drink driving for Crows supporters due to Chardonnay sipping f'wits with no clue about football......

Yep, I'm a Power fan....

You cut me real deep Shrek...

Reply #227664 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hey, Port supporters would love chardonnay too if it were as cheap as their passion pops.

Reply #227666 | Report this post

fff  
Years ago

Just a few true jokes i found.

Q: What do you do for a drowning Power player?
A: Nothing. You could drag him to the top, but he'll choke anyway.

Q: What is the difference between Mount Everest and Port Power?
A: Not everyone has walked over Everest.

Reply #227668 | Report this post

fff  
Years ago

Q: Whats the difference between a cactus and the Port Adelaide clubroom?
A: A cactus has pricks on the outside.

You know you're a Port supporter if your baby's first words were, "Attention, Kmart shoppers."

Reply #227669 | Report this post

fff  
Years ago

Q: Why do Port Adelaide fans stink?
A: So blind people can hate them, too.

Q: If you see a Port Adelaide fan on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?
A: It might be your bike.

Q: What is your wife trying to tell you if she's wearing a Port Adelaide shirt to bed?
A: You ain't going to score.

Reply #227670 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

All time stats:

All Games:

Crows
Total Games Played: 418
Total Games Won: 220 52.6%

Power
Total Games Played: 281
Total Games Won: 156 55.5%

Finals appearances:

Crows
Seasons Played: 18
Played Finals: 10 55.6%

Power
Seasons Played: 12
Played Finals: 7 58.3%

No more "Choke" jokes please.....

Some interesting AFL stats at http://afl.allthestats.com

Reply #227672 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

Who cares what the stats say, Port Adelaide supporters are toothless, dirty yobbos.

Reply #227674 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Sure harry, whatever you say!

In regards to Power to Tassie, Melbourne (Demons) should be on the list before Port, but history will uphold Melbourne's continuation in the league out of Vic.

That is where the AFL has double standards proven once again.

Reply #227676 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Harry im a port supporter and i have all my teeth, the correct number of fingers and toes. Ive got all my hair and im completely f*cking normal. Please can we add some substance to this topic? Port supporters may be "toothless hobos" or what ever the f*ck you think but at least we want to actually talk about the football instead of ganging up on the minority with stupid jokes. This is the only thing that Vics have over us croweaters! I mean you can get better quality unbias newspaper articles about port players in Vic papers ffs! At least the Vics can talk about bloody football!

Reply #227678 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Corey, was that yet another joke about the intelligence of Port supporters??? How the hell did those stats indicate that Port aren't chokers? Do you know what choking is? It's getting knocked out of the finals in straight sets after finishing top. It's losing games after leading by 40pts at 3qtr time. It's losing Grand Finals by 119pts. Those stats, while interesting, have absolutely nothing to do with choking.

Since we're heading in the joke direction anyway...

What do you call a 30year-old female Port supporter?

Grandma

What do you call a Port supporter who has had an abortion?

Crimestopper

Why did Cinderella run away from the ball?

Just copying Port players.

2007 GF:
* Waiting in a queue for six hours to buy a grand final ticket.
* Sacrificing two dole cheques to pay for it.
* $200 of supporters gear (free when shoplifted).
* Risking two years' jail to steal a half-decent car to get you to Melbourne.
* 8 hours travel and $150 petrol (not including what you sniff or what you steal).
* Overnight stay (free on a park bench).
* Return trip another eight hours.
* Grand final result & PRICELESS!

A Port Adelaide supporter went down to Centrelink to claim welfare after realising she was the only one of her friends - who were all "Power" supporter - who was not on benefits.
"How many children do you have?" the man at Centrelink asked.
"Ten," she replied.
"What are their names?"
"Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn, Jaidyn and Jaidyn," she replied.
"They're all named Jaidyn?" he asked "What if you want them to come in from playing outside?"
"Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just call 'Jaidyn,' and they all come running in."
"And, if you want them to come to the table for dinner?"
"I just say, 'Jaidyn, come eat your dinner'," she answered.
"But what if you just want ONE of them to do something?" he asked.
"Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just use their last name."

Reply #227680 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

OK X, I was looking at the OVERALL statistics of the 2 clubs, you were focusing on certain instances which I guess is easy to do and relavent to how the "choking" tag started.

The OVERALL stats I have provided I guess give the people reading this thread the picture as who has the better percantage win/loss record in all games and finals. That was my argument from a different angle.

Reply #227683 | Report this post

DoDaBonk  
Years ago

Corey, ther is only one stat that is important.

Crows 2 Grand Finals - 2 Premierships

Port 2 Grand Finals - 1 Premiership

1 'History in the making' Grand Final losing margin.

Reply #227696 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

oh, the ownage in this thread

Reply #227721 | Report this post

It does happen  
Years ago

Kid to Dad "How was Port Power made dad"

Dad to kid "God made them son"

Kid to Dad "then how did the Crows get made"

Dad to kid "When god was finished making the Power he took a big sh!t, thats how he made the crows".

Reply #227739 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

The Crows are equal chokers. How many years were they a dominant force in the AFL only to be stopped by West Coast in the finals year after year.

Reply #227762 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

It does happen.. did you just make that joke up? Has to be one of the worst jokes. Ever. And I'm not even a crows fan.

Wow

Reply #227822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crows were made before the Power..

Reply #227866 | Report this post

darryl  
Years ago

'It does happen' im a power fan and im embarrassed when you tell crap jokes like that. think before u write. i guess power fans are dumbasses (excluding me)

Reply #228157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754