Jonno
Years ago

36ers 2010 season wishlist/dream team!

Whats peoples ideal 36ers teams next season, i saw a rumour on ozhoops yesterday that newly may return, that would be awesome if true and i think Ingles is also a free agent so id target both, but prob only get one due to points cap, with newly as preference or you could get both and go with 1 import.

My team would look like

C Schenscher - should be our no.1 priority!

PF Ballinger (naturlaised)

SF Import - names from d-league id look at are Ronald Dupree, Cedric Bozeman, David Noel, Luke Jackson- all have nba experience (i think)

SG Newley or Ingles (if i could get both i would consider letting someone like davidson go or going with 1 import to make it fit within the points cap)

PG Import (Marteen Cleaves, David Bailey, Derrick Dial, Eddie Gill)

Bench
1.PG Davidson
2.Pg/SG Bruce
3.SF/PF Holmes
4.PF/c matt knight/Khazzouh/Mottram, someone like that depending on who we can get and fit in with the points cap
5.young guy maybe reward Hoban or Burdon with a spot in the 10 (depending on points avaialble)

what do people think of a team like that, would it be realistic to put something like that together??

looking at the dragons/tigers/perth this year i think it is, even if we have to go with say 1 point players in the last spots off the bench.

The imports i suggested should be within our price range all are in the d-league, so not on big bucks and i have heard of most and think they all have atleast some nba experience, and most are new faces which could bring some excitement to the team! I think getting guys especially in the SF/guard positions with nba experience is a bonus as most end up being very good in our league and if we can get a pairing of the callibre of brooks/mee or a guy of hodges (recent examples of ex nba 36ers imports) ability that would make a huge difference to us being successful!

Topic #19222 | Report this topic

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Bruce is not a SG and so if you want an import PG you would have to choose between Davidson and Bruce.

If they have Luke, Balls, Newley (Ingles) and 2 imports then I would guess they would have to let Davidson go due to the points cap.

Import / Bruce
Newley / Burdon
Import / Hill
Balls / Holmes
Luke / Knight (Mottram) depending on points

Reply #227641 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I really like the team above. With Hill you can play him in both the 2 and 3 spots with Burdon the one missing out on playing time. If we lose the big fella then I think we would need to get a good aussie big maybe Crosswhite.

Reply #227642 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Bring back Darren Ng @ the PG spot.

Reply #227643 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Bruce/Davidson
Newley/Ng
Saville/Rush or Import
Ballinger/Holmes
Schenscher/Dusty or Mottram

Reply #227644 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Opps forgot about Hill, swap him with Ng

Reply #227645 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Knight won't play back-up minutes to Schenscher or Ballinger. Will be in more demand than that.

Reply #227653 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

C - Schenscher (captain) / filler
PF - Ballinger / filler
SF - Bobby Jones (import) / Holmes
SG - Newley / Ng
PG - import / Bruce

Reply #227659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops i forgot about Hill also, definatly a spot on the team for him, possibly at the expense of Davidson or the young guy spot, depending on points

Reply #227661 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

oops i forgot about Hill also, definatly a spot on the team for him, possibly at the expense of Davidson or the young guy spot, depending on points

Reply #227662 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

As I posted in the last thread:

Schenscher/Knight/Bradshaw/Tragardh
Ballinger
Import (SF/SG, athletic, 200-205cm, plays D, 3pt range, slasher. Possibly Grizz)
Import (SG/PG, handles, 190-200cm, big scorer) or Newley
Bruce

Cooper/Petrie/Mottram
Holmes
Weigh/Boodnikoff/Winitana
Hill
Ng/Davidson

Reply #227663 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Would think if got Newley back could not afford $ or points to have 2 imports.
There is a few strong young developing centre types around so no reason to continue with Coops or get Mottram back. Knight priority 1 if Schens doesnt come back. Points permtting I would like to see Darren Ng back as back up .
A quality import SG and some physical prescence plyr are my top priority.

Reply #227714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754