Mo'bags
Years ago

CJ a 'Superstar'

Just finished watching Kings v Hawks, and heard Carfino call CJ Bruton a Superstar who is allowed to have some leeway on his shot selection (he had just taken a rushed shot after getting his own rebound).

If CJ is a superstar, what would Carfino call Maher, Farley, Rob Rose, or the like? The guy isn't even the best on his team for crying out loud!

Topic #1923 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I liked the fact that within about 2 minutes of Carf saying that Darnell had stripped him twice and he had bricked about 3 bad shots.

CJ is like Trahair in that when he is on he is awesome but other times very very average.

Reply #21784 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Cj is a whole lot better than trahair, he is more consistent and even if he has a bad night he would still contribute.

Im not a huge fan of cj but comparing him to trahair is harsh

Reply #21795 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Player comparison

Agreed. 9% better in FG%, 16% better in 3P%(!), 5.7 APG vs 3.9 APG for Trahair, and scores 5 more points a game.

CJ Bruton is the superstar of the Kings (given that Jason Smith doesn't have an evident attitude), but Carfino does get a little excited about him.

Reply #21796 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Not what I am saying.

Trahair when he catches fire is right up there and close to being unstopable as with CJ.

CJ has regular passages of play were he looks like a rookie...bad passes, bad shot selection and lazy d.

Trahair does this too and more regularly than CJ.

I did not say that they have the same ability.

Reply #21799 | Report this post

Ray Bright  
Years ago

Cj is not a superstar. He is an overrated player and not a worthy Boomer. Off the top of my head Maher Farley Rucker Black Mee Franklin Campbell Newley and Rillie are ahead of him.

Also for Carfino to say that Woolongong and Sydney have the two best back courts in the NBL is biased and extremely insulting.

Reply #21800 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The last Trahair caught on fire was playing NBA Live. He sucks big time.

Reply #21801 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer that was an extremely biased comment to say they have the best back court in the league! Who is Carfino trying to kid!
And I agree with you Kent, if CJ is on fire he's hard to stop but other than those times he's a very average player.
Carfino also said "...he's in a league of his own!" What a dick!

Reply #21808 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I remember carfino saying at halftime of adelaides 2002 GF game 2 that Maher and Farley are BY FAR the best backcourt in the comp...whats changed from that stevo

Reply #21823 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I cant remember Trahir catching fire this year Kent, can you give us a game when he did because i think he is the Mark Phillapousis of basketball...Waste of talent

Reply #21824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hit 27 points in Perth in Round 12, 10/21 shooting plus 6 boards and 6 assists. Had 21 against Perth the game before too. Had 20 against Cairns. 20 against Melbourne last round, shooting 5 of 8 from outside.

He's had good games that could be consider "catching fire", but they're rare.

Has had too many dud games to be a real threat this year.

Reply #21826 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

When in Adelaide for the Wollongong game Heal and Carfino mentioned Brisbane, Wollongong and Sydney as the best backcourts in the league.

Adelaide must be fourth apparently.

Reply #21830 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Wollongong's back court better than Adelaide's? It is a good backcourt, but all I can say is I would take either Maher or Farley over Campbell any day of the week and while I would take Mee ahead of Farley (I still love ya Willie!!!) I wouldn't take him ahead of Maher.

On a side issue, if NBL refs called off the ball fouls as tightly as they do in the NBA, how many minutes would Campbell play before fouling out? I would say on 60% of the screens that the Hawks were defending against the Kings, Campbell was clearly holding the player he switched to defend. I think it was called once, and he cried like a baby over it. I can kind of see why, when he does it 49 times and gets called on the 50th, you would have to wonder why.

Reply #21897 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

I can't stand Carfino end of story.

nothing better than watching big wednesday games with no commentators

thank god for sports active on foxtel digital

Reply #21934 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754