Quagmire
Years ago

Jazz stringing some wins together

Greetings all, just thought i would make mention of the Jazz's recent string of wins...

11 at this stage, and still Boozer way from being 100%

So i guess the million dollar question is... can we win it all?

My view is that this year the Jazz are better than last year,Brewer and Miles have improved, AK is producing off the bench, Milsap has even more confidence. Boozer is a question mark but should not be asked to score as much as in the past.

The Lakers are all but the same, but Odom has taken a step back. If Bynum returns healthy for the play-offs, i can't see us getting past them. If Bynum doesn't get back 100%, we have a real shot...

Spurs have seen Duncan slip a very small amount, and Parker step up to make the difference. But Gino is hurt and Bowen is not the factor he once was. For the first time this year- i think the jazz will beat them. How Gooden fits in, and if he is healthy will go a long way to determining our chances.

New Orleans suffered early but seem to be getting back their swagger, but i have always felt our squad is a little better at all positions and our coach is way in front...

Houston worries me because we have had some great battles in the past, but sub out T-Mac for a healthy Artest and that team is way better. If they had managed to upgrade their pg position, i would be really worried, but instead i am still fairly confident we win that series.

As for the Cavs or the Celts, we have had some good wins against the celts but both those teams are Factor in home court advantage and we would need to be on a real hot streak to get it done against them.

All i can really hope for is that big Larry is up there getting into God's ear for some luck to come our way!

go jazz.

Topic #19269 | Report this topic

jules  
Years ago

THEY (Utah) might have a chance, you don't.

No way do Utah beat LA, Cleveland or Boston in a playoff series in my opinion.

And I think the Spurs are a LOT scarier than the Jazz. Duncan is not slipping at all, hes an MVP candidate, and Parker is now the best scoring point guard in the game. They've won so many big games this year without their big named players becuase Popovich is a mastermind at getting the best out of role players, they still have suffocating defense and in my opinion the 3rd or 4th best closer in the game in Ginobili (he'll be fine come April).

And Lamar Odom has taken a step forward this year, especially with Bynum out.

Reply #228281 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Sorry just thought I'd add this to support my Lamar statement

Averaging 16.5ppg and 13.4rpg since Bynum went down.

Reply #228282 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Wow- thats really good stuff. I stand corrected. I'm a Lamar fan but just thought he would hold a grudge at being benched and that it could surface in the finals.

So i guess its less of his game slipping, as it is his relationship with the team...? (he is a notoriously emotional guy)

Reply #228283 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I love the Jazz. Have always been a Suns fan but I just love the way Utah play at the moment.

Deron Williams is the MAN! His game is a thing of beauty. Step-back pull up jumpers, cross overs then getting to the rack, throw downs, finishing with contact, and all the while doing that stuff whilst getting his teammates involved and running a flawless Jazz offence.

When Boozer comes back and you have Millsap coming off the bench you have one deep, deep bench too. Miles, Millsapp, Korver, Harpring, AK47. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that is a better bench than the Lakers. Maybe not quite as strong in the starters, but I've been watching this Jazz team closely on All Access and they are a very, very good team. They will play 48 minutes of basketball every night - defend hard and execute all day. A thing of beauty.

Look at the teams they have beaten in that stretch too. Of the top of my head I think it is New Orleans, LA, Boston, Houston maybe.. the list goes on. Celtics are sturggling without KG and his knee could niggle for the rest of the year. Marbury changes that teams dynamics, no doubt about it. Cleveland I have been saying all year will win it all, but LA may knock them off. I've got Utah in my top 5, with LA, Cleveland, Boston and Orlando. San Antonio, without Ginobili fully fit, can't do it IMO.

Reply #228302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D-Will is simply awesome, nearly as good as CP3 even.

Reply #228303 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think as good. CP£ puts up great numbers but he has the ball in his hands so much more of the time. The offence revolves around CP£ for New Orleans, whereas Deron is just a cog (albeit a vital one) in the Jazz offence. Easily as good IMO.

Reply #228306 | Report this post

Jazzhole  
Years ago

For the life of me I cannot understand why any non-Mormon would support the flopping Jazz.

Reply #228388 | Report this post

Jazzhole  
Years ago

For the life of me I cannot understand why any non-Mormon would support the flopping Jazz.

Reply #228389 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Looking more and more like Houston are real sleepers this year...

Reply #228399 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Parker the best scoring PG? Above Chris Paul? Dont know if you saw the hornets game that was on ONEHD the other day. Paul missed everything first half but in the 2nd half he was unstoppable. Reminded me of Kobe the way he just took over the game. I put him leagues above parker.

Reply #228762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754