yippppeee
Years ago

abl week 1 southern v centrals

good win from the tigers down at the starplex. some good games all round from blokes like clarke and carlin i think a first yr u/18s who had a real good game and has some good size..
really good to see BUNGEY back at full fitness played a great game, for someone who has to create his own shots from rebounds he still wouldve had almost 20 and 20.. which is great considering GOODENOUGH is the only that passes him the ball. for his size he is generally the fisrt bloke up and down the good, looks fit and is moving well. if he stays fit look for him to make a real impact...

tigers by bout 15ish in the end..

Topic #19323 | Report this topic

Jc  
Years ago

so tigers won mens and womens?

Reply #228898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Tigers were a little too strong over the Lions in the end in both mens and womens. The women gave us a scare and looked like they would pip us at the post, but we won by 22 points after we were just too strong around the boards and blew it out.
Men did well, Brad was great. With the Lions, Carlin is one to watch - thankfully he was underplayed!
The Lions did it we though, capacity crowd at starplex and intimidating - those guys will be hard to be on their home turf so watch out you other guys.
Enjoyed the bar after the game and stirring up the locals!

Reply #228900 | Report this post

s  
Years ago

how did John Morris play. Is he all he talks him self up to be?

Reply #228901 | Report this post

Dazza  
Years ago

Bungey at full fitness??? Ha ha ha ha that was a joke wasn't it? He looks slow and unfit and has put on about 15kg since last season. Looks like he's still hasn't trouble with his knees too so I would be very surprised to see him run out the season.
The Canadian for Centrals looks a little out of shape too actually, he may be forgiven for only arriving a couple of days ago but I wouldn't be surprised if Scotty has him back on the plane within a month!

Reply #228902 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I think the canadian for centrals wore himself out in the warmup. But surely he can only get better with match play.

Southern import seemed to be good in the warm up but once defense stood between him and the basket didn't seem too confident. He is definitely a showman showing off in the warm ups, throwing the ball off the back wall and attempting to dunk, lobbing himself alley opps - glad I don't coach southern, that wouldn't impress me.

Reply #228903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

totally agree but the southern import will still score 20 a game. geez he can jump, as can little no 7 for centrals

Reply #228905 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Prince will get better, hopefully fitter although i wouldnt be surprised if that was just his natural body-size (shape).

IMO I think centrals were just trying to force everything really, Prince and a few others were forcing it down low and a few of the gaurds were really forcing the 3 ball. But they will improve.

Reply #228916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game in the mens, High intensity. Bungy had a good game and morris will be hard to stop. Prince also looked like he will be a solid contributer.

Reply #228936 | Report this post

todsta  
Years ago

any new young players to keep an eye on for centrals??? who played well when came on the court??

Reply #229072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Dazza,
sorry bud you not making much sense there, if Bungey is slow and unfit but still managed to get 19 points
whats the problem?
what are you expecting from him if he gets fit and sheds this so called extra 15kgs?

Reply #229240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go tigers

Reply #229469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754