Isaac
Years ago

Most hated NBA players

Portland fan site bustabucket.com has a list of most hated NBA players, compiled with the help of bloggers.

Take a look at their reasoning and some amusing pictures ('shopping the players as movie villains) via the link above.

The list, in no real order, includes: KG, PP, Boozer, Randolph, Manu, Kobe, Shaq, Bowen, Marbury, and Ricky Davis.

Any unfair inclusions or notable omissions?

Topic #19333 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

"8. Manu Ginobili. Manu represents all of the Euro transplants who defy gravity with their ridiculous flopping abilities and their incessant complaining. We've all grown to hate him over the years as the Spurs won NBA titles. If only the league would crack down on soccer style antics, what would Ginobili do?"

So good! So true!

I'm just gonna ignore Kobe at #1...

No Timmy Duncan??? I don't hate him that much but I thought he'd be there. You can't have the WHOLE Spurs team I guess.

Posey is one who'd be on mine.

Reply #229026 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"8. Manu Ginobili. Manu represents all of the Euro transplants who defy gravity with their ridiculous flopping abilities and their incessant complaining."

Yeah, apart from the fact Argentina is on the other side of the world to Europe.

Reply #229027 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

haha! Great point billo! And I don't think Kobe deserves to be there at all, let alone at 1.

Surprised to not see Artest at least get a mention, although I have read somewhere that he is a well-respected and liked teammate. obviously not shy of controversy 'though.

Carmelo Anthony would definitely get a vote from me, even top 3 I'd say. The last couple of months has only halped to solidify his status as a me-first cancer.

Reply #229028 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lockstock - yeah, good call on Melo. I'd also have LeBron in there.

Reply #229033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can you hate pierce? that guy is a stud.

Reply #229037 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I'd flop too if I was playing guys like kobe ect that get calls based on who they are and not what just transpired on the court.
It isn't always like that but it does happen.

can't stand

whole Lakers roster
Yao Ming
Ron Artest
Chris Paul (looks like Carlton of the fresh prince)
Carlos Boozer

sorry to anyone that i missed

Reply #229044 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Just curious, what's up with the Boozer hate ?? Have i missed something that he did or does ??

Reply #229049 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

where is sasha vujacic? he would be my number 2 right after bruce bowen. also I have a lot of hatred for noah of the bulls, cant stand that douchebag.

Reply #229050 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

speed44 - I was going to ask the same thing... what's wrong with Boozer? Seems like a random player to hate on.

Bruce Bowen, Marbury and LeBron would probably be my top (bottom) three. Most hated team, the Spurs by a mile.

Reply #229055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes sasha! liked watching him cry on the bench during the finals.

Reply #229061 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Can't stand the knock on Manu being a flopper , every player in the NBA does it if it is advantageous . Manu is just very good at it .
He cops his fair share of hard fouls also and doesn't whinge .

As for flopper dickheads number 1 , Look to the AFL , Ablett , Bartel and the rest of the Geebungholes dive like pansies , dropping to their knees when they feel the breeze at their backs . Then they give cheap rib ticklers when the fudgepackers in red , orange or yellow are not watching .

Back to task at hand . Kobe gives cheapshots and plenty of em , arrogant and petulant . Don't buy the mature all grown up act , deserves to be there.
Lebron definitely should be in there , peacock struttin muppet .

Reply #229064 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Guessing the Boozer hate could relate to his injury status, he appears to really take his time to rehab and get well and wont take one for the team and play at 90% fitness, deciding to rehab away from the team, openly stating he well opt out next season during the opening weeks of this season, the screw-job he did on the Cavs.

Reply #229067 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Stoudamire?

Reply #229082 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

On Boozer what about how he basically commited to Cleveland before then signing with Utah?

Reply #229084 | Report this post

olivia sarley  
Years ago

Reason of hate?

Reply #229110 | Report this post

olivia sarley  
Years ago

y to hate?

Reply #229111 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

rotate - having a bad day mate? Anything else you want to get off your chest ;)

Reply #229119 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Hey LS , didn't think so until i reread this morning . Quite a vent i guess , hmmm back to therapy .

Reply #229147 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Interesting that the majority of those hated in the original post are Championship players

We all hate em, but would love em playing for our teams........admit it

Reply #229400 | Report this post

CC  
Years ago

Hate Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade, they are such HOGS and individual players,its all about them when are they going to get it that its a TEAM game!

Reply #229412 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

CC........you watched a Lakers game this season?

Reply #229754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kobe deserves the 1 for sure now to kg he shouldnt be on there because all he has been doing is letting all his emotions out that he was never able to have in t wolves and talikng about kg not making the wolves to playoffs well the year that shaq left kobe was alone and he lost first round so to all you faggets out there kobe aint crap without gasol odom or even fisher

Reply #245841 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754