knowledge
Years ago

John Morris - Southern Tigers

How is the new import for the Southern Tigers going...i'm hearing a lot about this guy but no one has rated him as a player...
shed some light

Topic #19341 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks for posting twice. one defintaely wouldnt have been enough. why would an inport live in another country and play ABL? no money or coverage for better teams in it so might aswell stay home

Reply #229087 | Report this post

dodgy1989  
Years ago

it was a great atmosphere at the centrals and southern game on sunday. centrals has a guy who was doing pretty nice dunking during warm ups but didnt really get to show off his game due to lack of playing time. import for centrals "Oliver" is very strong on the inside but looked a bit unfit but should be a strong cause for the club. the guards for centrals played well and mad big shots to keep the game close as the tigers tried to pull away on a couple occasions. import for tigers "Morriss" absolutely stole the show during the warm up session. the crowd was loving what he was doing.and it wasnt just to tigers fans who were cheering but also the centrals fans were ohhhing and ahhhing and he threw down massive dunk after massive dunk in the layup line. some of this americans dunks seemed as if he were going to hit his head on the ring. it was down right gutsy. just watching him in the layup line was worth the price of admission. as for the game, i thought he played well. he didnt try and shoot every shot of hog the ball as most americans would try and do when playing aba. he was a big force on the rebounding and offensively he seemed to stay within the tigers system. he will be hard to stop this year because if a small player is on him he will jus post up as he did for most of the game at centrals.but if a guy his size or bigger is matched up on him he will just handle the ball on the perimeter where he can also shoot the deep ball. he is a pretty good player and will be fun to watch. i think he ended with 19 points and 12 rebounds. the person i was really impressed with was the tigers big man. he played really well for them. he seemed to be in pain at stages of the game, but if he stays healthy he will make a world of difference fot the tiger side. he is a massive inside player and pretty much held the centrals import in check all by himself.

Reply #229090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over rated and and a big head. Loves showing off but i think when it gets tough you won't see him. See what he is like against some real competition after Eastern.

Reply #229104 | Report this post

Supporter  
Years ago

Check out YouTube for John Morris a Star with Wannanbool last year, give hom a chance hasn't played with the team before

Reply #229122 | Report this post

Supporter  
Years ago

Check out YouTube for John Morris a Star with Wannanbool last year, give him a chance hasn't played with the team before

Reply #229123 | Report this post

Owned  
Years ago

Eastern?...Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Reply #229170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owned If you read the post it says after Eastern. So I am guessing the teams after Eastern as they are not strong this year?

Reply #229173 | Report this post

dodgy1989  
Years ago

if anyone is a real basketball fan and a fan of the game than you would know that if a guy can average 25 points in a harder leqgue in the big v on a very bad team where he surely seen double teams game in and game out than it is highly unlikely that he will just fold when the competioion gets a little tougher.lol. i mean come on guys lets get serious now and talk basketball. if the bloke can play than the bloke can play, and he proved that in the 1st game that he can play. so Anonymous im guessing that you play for one of the opposing teams that will soon play against morris , that would be the only reason to down talk a good player. this forum is for basketball fans not for players on other teams who down talk. get a life who ever you are. i hate a dumb bloke. so what team do you play for mr. Anonymous? i would like to come to that game when you play southern and see how you fair since you seem to hate morris soooo much.

Reply #229208 | Report this post

vichoops  
Years ago

Guys I realise that one player doesn't make a team, however Warrnambool the team he played for was totally thrashed by every team they played last year in the BigV Championship Division, I think from memory by about 40 points.

Its easy to put a highlight reel together just simply remove all the mistakes.

Hope he works out for you guys

Reply #229209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodgy, is that you John? Well said Vichoops. I never said i hated John, just will wait and see if he can play against some real opposition. (sorry centrals and Eastern, no disrespect meant). Are supporter and dodgy1989 the same people perhaps?

Reply #229211 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Well, for what its worth - Jye Watson came straight from Warrnambool in 2005, averaged 29/6/4 in 2005 and Centrals went 6-9 in the 15 games he played that season. Six of those loses were by single digits.

Just talkin' 'bout the old days, folks.

Reply #229214 | Report this post

going going gone?  
Years ago

my guess based on his body language Sat night that their coach will have tough desion to make 1/2 year with him....

Reply #229326 | Report this post

sak  
Years ago

Does anyone know what happens when an abl player is released from their club? are they able to be picked up by another club that same season?

Reply #230165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can be picked up and play but it has to be before the half way mark.

Matt Davies left South and had to sit the rest of the season with Southern, he was able to play reserves though.

Reply #230166 | Report this post

Getty  
Years ago

Hiiuhuhg

Reply #351203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754