SVD
Years ago

NBA Games Shown On TV This Year

Not wanting to go "gift horse" on all of you - I'm starting to get a bit sick of the same ol' teams each week on Fox and 10.

Don't get me wrong - am very thankful that NBA is back on TV - just a bit of variety would be nice.

I also know that the stations hands are tied cos 1. the games are picked at the start of the season so teams like Detroit who were thought to be better get scheduled a lot even though they now stink and 2. you can only show what is on on those game days.

Just saying it would be nice to see some other teams. Of the 71 games shown this year - we don't get to see - Memphis, T-Wolves, NJ, Toronto, Indiana, Charlotte or Sacramento

Here is the breakdown of teams we get to see - and if it seems that we see either one of Lakers, Boston, Phx, Dallas or SA almost every game - you are probably right

Lakers : 20
Phoenix : 12
Boston : 11
Dallas : 11
Cleveland : 10
SA : 9
NO : 8
Miami : 7
Orlando : 7
Chicago : 6
Detroit : 6
GS : 5
Houston : 5
Utah : 5
Denver : 4
Portland : 4
Milwaukee : 3
Philadelphia : 3
NY : 2
Atlanta : 1
Clippers : 1
OKC : 1
Washington : 1

Topic #19360 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, i guess from a business point of view the network figure ppl want to watch the better teams..
the top 5 in yr list are the top teams at the moment in the league..

Reply #229325 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

who the fk wants to watch memphis, minnesotta or any of those other dud teams. give me a lebron, kobe or dwade any day of the wk and i'll watch

Reply #229331 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

the only teams i wouldnt mind watching more of are portland and utah,

Reply #229334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More atlanta would be nice

Reply #229335 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

is that you Cheeze?

Reply #229338 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Reply #229339 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Avv - I was talking about NBA League Pass wasn't I?

I was making a point about those of us who watch the games on TV ... I would like more variety on the games shown on TV. Hence the word "TV" in the title.

Reply #229340 | Report this post

Well crowfan we are in luck tommorrow.. first game is Portland at Cleveland.. oh yeah Rip city baby!! Oden back in the lineup, we need to get a big scalp on the road, been the problem all year..

Alot of the games seem to be based around timezones also, where we get games from the West Coast on a slight delay.. I actually think there has been a pretty good mix, with an obvious emphasis on the more popular teams/players but still a few other lesser known teams.. but on free to air i'll take it!!

Reply #229343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want more C's game, soooo many Cavs and Lakers games. Portland would be nice as would the jazz, and a bulls game or two.

Reply #229347 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'll take any free to air basketball action I can get...

Reply #229349 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'll take any free to air basketball action I can get...

Reply #229350 | Report this post

Guess  
Years ago

yea agree with LC, you should just be thankful NBA is on FTA.

Reply #229351 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

It's not fox's fault or Channel 10's fault. We just get the direct streams from ESPN in the states and they chose to show the big dawgs. Nothing we can do about it...as annoying as it is

Reply #229364 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Memphis! ha I was trying to work out the few teams that hasn't even got shown once...

Loving what they're putting on though!

Reply #229376 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Just read on www.ten.com.au/one that they will also be showing college games :) exciting times!

Reply #229431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754