disco stew
Years ago

new WNBA franchise

WNBA Basketball is Coming to Chicago
Chicago WNBA is the newest franchise to join the WNBA. On Tuesday, NBA Commissioner David Stern visited Chicago for a press conference to make the announcement and the WNBA issued this press release. The team is owned by an independent group led by businessman Michael Alter and will begin play in May 2006 at the UIC Pavilion on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Topic #1939 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe michael jordan can look to own this franchise?

Reply #22025 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

maybe some girls over here might get a look at.

Reply #22028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh, belinda snell maybe?

Reply #22031 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

kristen veal is trying to get into WNBA - ex WNBL commentators today

Summerton, Phillips would be the SA choice for WNBA - believe they are interested as well

Reply #22036 | Report this post

disco stew  
Years ago

most of our opals team would get a go in WNBA - we are the no. 2 women's team

oohhhhhh yeah !

Reply #22049 | Report this post

southernice  
Years ago

Well Anne Donovan and Coach T. have been in the stands for a couple of matches during the end of the WNBL season over here although I think Anne had more to do with seeing Tully play whilst sitting courtside checking up with Jackson.

Snell has got more than one team after her but she won't be going to Seattle with LJ. Not sure Erin Phillips will get a call up so early but it's surely on it's way.

Now hopefully Seattle secure Tully and she doesnt go San Antonio like rumoured and if only Annie could convince Batkovitc she would better off with the other Aussies!

Other Aussies getting looked at.... certainly Grima and a few others I was looking at. No one has mentioned Summerton in WNBA talks as of yet, well publicly anyways.

Reply #22154 | Report this post

aussies 4 me  
Years ago

summerton has height, fitness, skill and desire (as far as I know) to play WNBA - if she does not pick up a season or two somewhere over her basketball career - I'd be very surprised.

why wouldn't a selector, somehwere be looking at her

given the fact we are number 2 women's country I would be very surprised if anyone in our national squad has not been scouted for overseas recruiting

the key thing for our ball is leading US coaches are actually coming here to look - that's a complemement - besides a warm holiday break for them.

Grima, Snell, Phillips and Summerton are all very young (21,22 ish as far as I know) so if they do not get an invite overseas in 2005 - they will only further stake claims for an invite overseas in 2006

Batkovic is a bit older but her game against USA for gold would have won many admirers

Reply #22156 | Report this post

aussies 4 me  
Years ago

snell has that cool handed 3 point stroke that would be turning the yanks on to no end.

southernice - you have a good finger on the pulse

Reply #22157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754