Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Bylaws question .. playing lower div during Bye

Just checking (for my own peace of mind), when a Div 1 team has a bye, there is nothing to prevent those players from playing in the div below for that week (and wreckin my weekend) is there ?

Couldnt find anything against it in the bylaws ...
though its a dick move ...

Topic #19404 | Report this topic

Astor 18  
Years ago

What the deal with seniors? Supposedly players who start on a high team can't play for a lower team, however that isn't being enforced at all this season, with some teams playing starters from a division higher down a grade.

Reply #229747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given the number of byes in Div 1 comps this needs some immediate direction as to what is acceptable. Make it simple: either if you play the week preceding a bye at one division you can not go down until after the bye or if you play at a low level in a bye you cannot go up until a further week after the bye.

I prefer the former and then it is up to the clubs to police and do the right thing.

Reply #229811 | Report this post

ron burgundy  
Years ago

too hard to police - sometimes a player needs to help out numbers in a lower div to stop a forfeit - if not div 1 why not div 2 - 3 or 3-4.

I hear you re concern re stacking - nothing can be done - abl play reserves til abl season and players move up and down accordingly.

I would like to see bench players only playing down during a bye - non marked starters from the week before.

I used to think it was what round it was with juniors - ie when catch up rounds took place - but you can only play one grade a weekend.

so you cant play round 7 on a friday night in div 1 and play round 1 catch up sunday with div 2.

you must play 1 div only per week. when the week starts and finishes is an interesting point.

if a team stacks - evryone knows what is going on and it will catch up with them.

Reply #229913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as far as i knew if there was no scheduled game that week you could play the div down the following week

Reply #234860 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

So, if a Div One player ( who for what ever reason) can not play Friday nights game, but then plays in Div 3 to make up numbers on the Saturday and the team subsequentally win, could they put the Div 3 team at risk of disqualification?
Can that player then back up the next Friday in Div One again?
I was always under the impression that Div One players could only drop one Division...not two.

Reply #234929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754