Isaac
Years ago

LeBron James - 272 lbs/123 kg?

From TrueHoop's Friday Bullets:

Some hearsay from an Oklahoma City radio show that LeBron James was recently seen standing on the scale, and it said 272 pounds. ESPN's Ric Bucher responds saying he has heard a similar number about James' weight, then says the great line: "He's Karl Malone with Allen Iverson's speed and agility."
ESPN lists him at 250 lbs (113 kg). How feasible is it that he's actually 123 kg instead?

FWIW, Nathan Jawai is listed at 275 lb on Wikipedia.

Any other heavyweight guys that can play such an athletic game?

To think that David Barlow once carried the nickname "The Prototype" (unless I'm thinking of someone else) back in his early seasons in Sydney when there's an absolute powerhouse running around in Cleveland with that height, superior athleticism and about double the strength!

BTW, kinda funny fake Jerry Sloan account on Twitter.

Topic #19405 | Report this topic

Lebron James is a freak as is Dwight Howard. These are subhuman characters hailing from the planet Lovetron alah Darryl Dawkins AKA Choplift Thunder.

Reply #229752 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Shaq!

He was a beast in his earlier days

Reply #229753 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Another fake twitter worth a look ...
https://twitter.com/nick_nolte

Reply #229757 | Report this post

OG Loc  
Years ago

Choplift? It's Chocolate Thunder

Reply #229766 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So Shaq is only 24kg (Shaq weighs in at 147kg) heavier than LBJ?!

Reply #229770 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

The question will be will his joints/body be able to sustain his agressive play into his 30's or will he start breaking down. 123kg stopping and starting and turning at full speed has got to take it's toll eventually.

Reply #229772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Melvin, check out Christopher Walken (@cwalken) - he's pretty amusing. Reminds me of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts.

Reply #229775 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Not as mobile (these days) or as quick as Lebron but I have always been amazed how much Ron Artest weighs compared to other players.

Carlos Boozer 121kgs 6'9
Dwight Howard 120kgs 6'11
Ron Artest 118kgs 6'7
Ben Wallace 109kgs 6'9

Reply #229778 | Report this post

Griff Dawg  
Years ago

Prop's to White-tastic for sending me this article on LBJ23.

"The Power of LeBron" is all about the beast that he is, including a section on his weight:

And just how big is James, exactly? Well, that is a matter of intense speculation around the NBA. He came into the league in 2003 weighing 240 pounds and is listed at 250 in this year's media guide, but that number is clearly low. There are whispers that he goes 265; one report recently had him at 274. "He's at least 260, right?" guessed Jackson, who added that D-ing up James is like "guarding a brick wall."

Reply #229798 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

He's a freak. Around 270lbs with around 5% body fat. Built like Karl Malone yet plays more like Scottie Pippen crossed with Magic and MJ.

No way I'd ever - ever take a charge with him running the break. Ever.

Reply #229799 | Report this post

PlanetHoops  
Years ago

LeBron is still a great player. :)

Reply #229814 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Imagine he was say 15-20 kg's lighter!! He would literally be flying. His leg power must be incredible to get all 123 kgs(supposedly) of him off the ground in that kind of fashion.

Reply #229868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know this has already been remarked on and adds nothing to the debate, but "Choplift Thunder" has to be one of the funniest misquotes I have ever heard.

Reply #229873 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I have some doubts Lebron weighs that much I'm saying around 110,115kg. To say 120kg which is more than Dwight? come on man. But seriously I've heard he don't have no 6 pack :-P

Reply #229881 | Report this post

choplift  
Years ago

choplift thunder ...bwaaa hahahaha

Reply #230025 | Report this post

idol  
Years ago

what a mountain of a man ...

Reply #231209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754