Anonymous
Years ago

U/18 Nationals is anyone's

In one of the most anticipated Nationals for a long time, the U/18 mens division looks like it could go a number of ways.

Vic Metro won two years ago in Terrigal defeating Vic Country but a number of very good teams had some close games.

A new line up of players and coaches will see a very good tournament played in SA.

Predictions ?

Topic #19408 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA are going to go struggle i think with the team they've got

Reply #229822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA will be ok, as long as they don't make a single sub the whole tournament.

Reply #229824 | Report this post

noah  
Years ago

With some of the decision that SA Country have made with their 18's men team, they are in a bit of trouble. FCrom what i've heard they've decided to go with a predominantly big team, which is good as long as they can still move up and down the court. But, again form what i've heard, they haven't even picked their "best" big team.

Reply #229838 | Report this post

hmmm  
Years ago

Dont think either will go great.

metro only have a few good players and country what a joke. I cant believe that the coach picked his son again and other more talented kids dont get a look in. Someone needs to step in and take over.

And just in case you are wondering i have no child involved in this.

Reply #229839 | Report this post

AhmadRashard  
Years ago

Umm SA Metro on the Boys have 5 kids that have been to All Australian Camps and all CAN HOOP!!

Vic Metro will be tough but Vic Country have fallen by the wayside with a number of their top players moving to footy.

Reply #229842 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Can we have a list of Metro players put on here? This is purely out of interest -not to shit-can players.

Reply #229846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Country always are around on semi final Friday, count them out at your own peril, NSW Metro will be good, WA is the one for me, they will test everyone they play.

Tassie, will H. Greenwood play ???

Reply #229848 | Report this post

AhmadRashard  
Years ago

U18 SA Metro Women
U18 SA Metro Men

Ashleigh Spencer
Addison Burns

Ingrid Richards
Jake Sadauskas

Katherine Perkas
Nathan Kareta

Tess Keenan
Lachlan Prest

Madi Forster
Isaiah Omamogho

Georgia Minear
John Marriott

Shauni Bow
Nathan Spehr

Georgia Sexton
Josh Owen-Thomas

Chelsea Roberts
Benjamin Regester

Rosalie Cutri
Daniel Carlin

Head Coach: Troy Schroeder
Head Coach: Paul Mesecke

Asst Coach: Lynne Holland
Asst Coach: Scott Butler

Asst Coach: Joe Noone
Asst Coach: Chas McCormick

Team Manager: Lynda Henderson
Team Manager: Judi Roberts

Reply #229849 | Report this post

noah  
Years ago

That was exactly what i was talking about "hmmmm". If your gonna pick a "specailised" team, might as well do it properly (and it wasn't).

Reply #229860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

noah, you have been on the ark too long and become too close to some of the animals

Reply #229861 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

229848,That's a good question. He is at the AIS at the moment I believe, but not too sure as to whether he is going to play for Tasmania. He is an amazing player, surely a top college prospect.
In fact, what will all the AIS players do? Will they play for Canberra like Mills did when he was there, or will they go back and play for their respective states. Watch out for W.A with Hussey and others--Hussey is a quality player. NSW should be in the top 4, with players like Aldridge, Trist and Rowley. Vic should be really really strong with Hadziomerovich, Drmic, Sam Gilmore and Owen.

But all in all it should be a greatly contested tournament!

Reply #229867 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

(Mod: No mentions of U18 player's ability/performance please - whether sniping or woofing.)

Reply #229872 | Report this post

VC  
Years ago

Mills played for Canberra because that is where he is from, not because he was at the A.I.S...Players that do go to the A.I.S are still required to play for their home state as far as i am aware...

Vic Country have not "lost" many players but it is still a much different team.

Does anyone know where the kid they called BOLA is now playing? Big african kid that was stuck in a mans body at 16s

Reply #229876 | Report this post

newv  
Years ago

his name was Gbolahan Orundam

i saw him play at 16's and was impressed

but he never got pick for any state sides or national development squads

Reply #229916 | Report this post

Basket 19  
Years ago

WA Met, wow, where does that come from?

1 good kid, a couple of decent ones, but who other that Hussey is going to beat you.

SKUX101,

If you are going to make a statement mate, please actually know what you are talking about. Huw will play, that is why they changed the dates for 18's to April.

And he will play for Tassie as he must according to BA and AIS rules.

Ignorance is bliss mate.

Reply #229933 | Report this post

Bolks fan  
Years ago

(Mod: Criticism of U18.)

Reply #229936 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Sorry my bad. Any way, has SA Country named there team yet?

Reply #229985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WA Metro, they will be more than a handful beleive me. (AIS)kid, and a few athletic guards and power forwards who can play above the rim.

Reply #229995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more on the kid please.

Reply #229999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clint Stiendel (sp?) played for ACT one year while at AIS, but he was a QLD player.

Reply #230004 | Report this post

Yeti  
Years ago

Steindel played for ACT in Under 20s as a bottom age player after not being selected by his home state of Queensland.

Similarly new AIS player, Igor Nujic played this year for the ACT 20s, again after not being selected as a bottom age player for his home state, WA.

As said already, Greenwood will play for Tassie. Nujic is age-ineligble for 18s.

Reply #230010 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Nujic played for the ACT because he was only medically cleared just before the Nationals to play after a hip operation late last year and wasn't picked in the WA team. Greenwood will play for Tassie.

Reply #230023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW Metro and SA Metro may well play each other in the Men's final. Both teams have quality guards and powerful bigs.

Best teams to challenge are WA Metro and Vic Metro.

Vic Country and Queensland South could sneak in if they have a great week.

Hard to see anyone else matching those teams.

PS - Bola playing with WA Metro now.

Reply #230201 | Report this post

out of towner  
Years ago

Can any Adelaide locals suggest decent locations close to the venue in Gawler, not top flight but not scraping the bottom of the barrel either.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #230212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754