johnny_sack
Years ago

Dick Rubio!

http://linky.com.au/f16ts

Almost 10 min of highlights from the kid (very little filler). There's a bit of Steve Nash and a bit of Jason "White chocolate" Williams in his game - especially in his gangly - all arms and legs style (ignoring the Pete Maravich comparisons). I hear there's a chance he comes out this year - complicated by buyout negotiations. If he does the draft comes down to a similar situation to last year - do you take the sure fire franchise PF or the PG to build around. I don't think he drops past #2 if he comes out, 19yo with that kind of experience, poise and creativity - nah. His jumper (esp from 3) is suspect (FA elevation) but his other skills make that less of an issue. By all accounts he's a hard worker, coachable, and good kid to boot so any kinks (not subject to his physical limitations) he has are likely fixable to an extent.

Interesting draft coming up - given the number of late bloomers this season - Blair, Mullens, Aldrich, Thabeet, etc & the number of high production 'too good to be true' types Calathes (really like him a lot - reminds me of Bob Sura, even plays for Florida as well), Hansbrough, Curry, etc. Makes me think it's not as gloom and doom as everyone has been harping on.

Topic #19444 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha......Dick.

Reply #230151 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

After watching Griffin yesterday I'd say no-one would pass on him at number 1.

Reply #230167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree wholeheartedly, Blake Griffen will be #1 pick. After then there are a number of guys could go picks 2-5.

Reply #230168 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

IMO Griffin will be a multiple All Star and is a lock to go number 1. The more you see him play the more you like him. He reminds me of (dare I say it) Tim Duncan.

I am hoping like hell that OKC steal win the lottery - Griffin gets to be the home town favourite (if the team stays there!) and imagine what Westbrook, Durant, Green and Griffin could do!

Reply #230205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754