http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/03/30/64405_gold-coast-blaze.html

Topic #19453 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

not his fault they didn't make the playoff, shouldn't of signed their captain

Reply #230232 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

bit tough on choko,shit team,shit assistant.

he bought a fair bit on himself also.

that was a line up from top to bottom of the most questionable bunch of, has been ,wannebe's that i have seen in years!!

has brendan offended enough people to not get a gig this year ??

Reply #230234 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye...

Reply #230242 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

It just goes to show how fickle the coaching game is! Enjoy it while you can cos 1 bad year can be the end of you.
I think his temper finally got the better of him.

It would be hard to ignore Joey wright if available. He's familiar with the region & will install a defensive work ethic to this club.

Yes, he is someone that can beat Goorgian coached teams!

Great career Chocco but ciao...

Reply #230243 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

Good. Take SOJ with you.

Reply #230244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright!!

Now there talking...

Reply #230246 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Surely a four year deal in the first place is pretty optimistic for almost anyone. You could pick up Goorj and then find there's a clash of personalities or he's lost his drive to succeed. What's wrong with two years and a mutual option for another couple?

Reply #230262 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Do not want him in the gong

Reply #230266 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

pretty disgraceful action by the blaze, fair point a bad year, but gosh the year before was pretty impressive. Joyce has one coach of the year and been runner up just the year before his axing. He has proven he can coach a team to a championship. This really makes no sense by the club. It just shows that there are people who have no clue involved in the basketball world.

I know there are plenty who dont like joyce but you have to agree he is one of the premier coaches australia has produced.

Reply #230427 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Maybe Brendan didnt endear himself at all to the wider GC bball community? Axing development players such as Jason Aucoin for 08/09 and not inviting any young home grown players to trainings to try and help them develop dont really give the impression of trying to build and develop bball on the coast?

Reply #230428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drb I don't have to agree and I certainly don't agree.

He's a motivator but premier coach, ummm sorry not a chance.

Reply #230438 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

Do your homework statman. he wanted Aucoin as a development player but Dave Claxton would not pay him a cent to train or play and screwed that up.Joyce had plenty of local kids train from TSS and other local schools. As a matter of fact the Blaze still owe Jason money from the first year.
Jack

Reply #230511 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Its apparent BJ was axed before the season.Watkins unloaded on the Blaze and manager / Ex coach, Claxton on the GC NBN news about poor practices of breaking agreements.The Blaze really stink on this one.
Word is Joey Wright definatley cant coach a lick from a friend in Brisbane.
Better bring out the cheque book if he is the coach.
Its a joke that some people could question BJ as coach he took the only team under salary cap in the last 20 years to 2 Grand Finals / 7 final 4s and a new franchise to the play offs in the first year.
There facts. The Gong have been a joke since. He is great for our league and a tremendous coach who is popular with a lot of players around the country and a lot of our SA boys.
Bill

Reply #230513 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

"Bull SH%%%T under the cap" BILL
look at the team they had in 2001

The "New" NBL needs exactly that something "NEW"

The gong certainly don't need BJ back, it will split the supporter base yet again, could loose up to 40% of the support $ they currently have promised.

Gordie, Bevo etc etc are mey choice.

Reply #230517 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Jack,
My comments came directly from someeone in the ownership group of the team when I asked them what the main issue with Brendan was, just relaying what was said to me this week

Reply #230521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jack and Bill posting from the same IP, FWIW.

Reply #230548 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754