in my face??
Years ago

This weeks Women's ABL 04/04/09

In the Women's League this week there are 4 games that wont matter and 1 that may prove interesting...
With the 4 teams that are almost certain to be playing finals against 4 teams that are almost certain to be watching finals there wont be much drama this weekend

Southern Tigers vs Sturt Sabres
The only people that think Southern will make finals is southern (Thats the good news). Sturt will be too much for the tigers. Monique bowley will have no opposition and will go on to be player of the week.
Southern have had a dream start facing Centrals, Eastern and Woodville time to see if they can really play.
Sturt by 30+

Central Districts Lions vs West Adelaide Bearcats
hmmm... no chance centrals.
West by 60+

North Adelaide Rockets vs Eastern Mavericks
Eastern is a team that will struggle against north's offensive pressure and consistancy
North by 30+

Woodville Warriors vs Forestville Eagles
Woodville can score unless there is pressure on defense. Forestville although 1 player dominated I cant see woodville shutting Newley Down
Forestville 20+

South Adelaide Panthers vs Norwood Flames
Match of the round by default, South should win but Norwoods younger players hang tough could be an upset.
South by <10

Feel free to bag away

Topic #19478 | Report this topic

a  
Years ago

"Southern have had a dream start facing Centrals, Eastern and Woodville time to see if they can really play."

err they lost to Eastern at home, so not a dream start. Sturt by plenty if everyone plays.

Reply #230559 | Report this post

in my face??  
Years ago

your right I meant a dream draw for the tigers any team in the league would have liked to start with those 3 teams. Any of other 6 teams would be 3 an 0 with southern's draw.

Reply #230562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they would have, southern have lost too many players and really shouldn't be any competition.

They all seem pretty right and the south vs norwood match looks promising. Think it will come down too one maybe two oncourt battles.
Can Norwood keep both the canadian import and truslove quiet.
One is likely to be stopped, but not sure if the team has the defensive depth to stop 2 or more.
If they can a win is a distinct possibility

Reply #230631 | Report this post

Southern Rule  
Years ago

"In my face" in your face.

Do you have any idea!

Southern pump Sturt in Women by about 20. Not sure if Bowley scored so she may not win player of the week.

Pretty sure that leaves Southern 2nd. lol

Reply #230769 | Report this post

in my face??  
Years ago

I stand corrected, good on the Southern Women. Must have played a great game tonight congrats!!

Reply #230771 | Report this post

w  
Years ago

Southern rule Did Marino play? didnt think so. How did your men go? Morris is such a star. lol

Reply #230772 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754