Upsets in Womens ABL overnight

South 67 beat Norwood 60 @ Marion
Southern 78 beat Sturt 60 @ The Cage
Centrals 40 lost to West 91 at Starplex
North 88 beat Eastern 68 @ the Astro-Shed

Anyone shed some light on these results?

Topic #19493 | Report this topic

a  
Years ago

The only upset would Southern beating an under strength Sturt. What else is an upset?

Reply #230787 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would have thought Norwood should have won, but several girls OS still I believe.

Would be good to see Centrals finally win one - they haven't bagged one since 2006! Who will be the unlucky team?

Reply #230789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood are the most over rated team in the comp.

Reply #230793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths Jamie-Lee pulled 24 boards in Jo's absense.

Eastern looked good in the first half and led by 14 at the break. North switched on after half-time, chasing the lead down in 2 minutes, with some solid outside shooting from trewartha and williams, north finished off comfortably.

Reply #230796 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Wouldn't have said Sturt girls should have won, considering they only have 4 players out of their whole squad not U20.

Reply #230802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame I count 6 players over 20 from last nights box score.

Always an excuse when Sturt drop a game, simply put they got beat by a better team on the night.

Reply #230807 | Report this post

allo allo  
Years ago

Can we get the woodville results from this afternoon

Reply #230808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville won both games. women comfortably, men by about 8.

Reply #230809 | Report this post

allo allo  
Years ago

ta

Anyone watching the games on ONE?

Reply #230810 | Report this post

jazz  
Years ago

Can I ask why Ursula Richards, undoubately, Woodvilles strongest and most influential player only played 11 mins? Was she injured?

Reply #230811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strongest because she takes 30 shots a match and hits 20 points. Wouldn't say strongest, not by a long way.

I dont think norwood are overrated, they almost beat south without both lightning girls. Mainly on the back of the canadian being cut out. However couldn't stop truslove and that was the main difference.

Will be interesting to see how southern cope when the take on arguably the better teams in the comp.

Reply #230812 | Report this post

What the  
Years ago

So Southern beat Sturt who beat North yet Southern have not played any of the good teams!!

With the exception of West who lok strong I think anyone can beat anyone on their night in the women.

Reply #230831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ursula did her knee. Don't know how bad it is but was off court by stretcher and Ambulance was called.

Reply #230905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

812, they are over rated because they cant win without lightning girls dah!

Reply #231014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look 2 weeks ago, 20+ point win over eastern without them, push south without them. South had both their top players.

Reply #231333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure a win over Eastern is something to shout about given their personnel losses. A loss to Southern gives you a better idea of where you sit, out of contention with your present players.
Norwood will win games with the return of the Lightning duo and on their back they may, just may get a glimpse of finals action but I can't see norwood winning against any of the quality sides at present strength.

Reply #231354 | Report this post

Allo Allo  
Years ago

Is t is not possible for a team to improve after 4 games in a season?

I am sure all teams would hope to improve, some as they do every year will implode.

Southern Men are a good example of going 1 way or the other.

I think Norwood will improve as the season goes on, they have had a fast finish the last two seasons if I recall?

Reply #231356 | Report this post

reluka  
Years ago

You know South is not a bad team - has a few good players apart from the canadian who are quite consistent - no super stars but may be that will be to their benefit

Reply #231382 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754