curious
Years ago

Cairns get their $1M guarantee

Looks like Cairns have now got their $1 mill. bank guarantee and have ticked all of the NBL's criteria in this article.
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/04/07/36911_local-sport-news.html

Topic #19529 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Some more good news! Wollongong and now Cairns. Let's hope they have the business plan to remain in the league long term.

Reply #231210 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Certainly unlikely any Syd team will be in either.
Kings have not submitted a formal EOI.

Reply #231234 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

too late appartently

Reply #231286 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Brisbane still up in the air also, Curious.
Not looking good from what I have heard but if BQ had left politics out of it and got on with the job rather than blame game, it would've been a different story.
They still might get in yet but it will be a monumental task- they are apparently being kept in mind right up until the 11th hour next week according to sources this afternoon.

Reply #231294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Larry Sengstock involved in the Brisbane bid?

Reply #231307 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Towards the 11th hour he was assisting in providing some business contacts seeing that they squandered the ones they were provided with, and was mostly lending a public name's support to the cause than anything else.

Reply #231367 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Have the 36ers got the 1 mill Bnak Guarantee covered off?

Reply #231379 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'm not sure- to be honest I don't have any insider info in Adelaide- perhaps Isaac's best to answer this one.

Reply #231407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754