G - Brandon Roy
G - Chris Paul

ALL-THIRD TEAM
C - Shaquille O'Neal
F - Carmelo Anthony
F - Paul Pierce
G - Chauncey Billups
G - Deron Williams

close: Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Danny Granger, Kevin Durant, Nene

ROY
1 - Derrick Rose
2 - Russell Westbrook
3 - Brook Lopez / O.J. Mayo

DPOY
1 - Dwight Howard
2 - Lebron James
3 - Ron Artest

Sixth Man
1 - Jason Terry
2 - Nate Robinson
3 - JR Smith

MIP
1 - Devin Harris
2 - Kevin Durant
3 - Danny Granger

COY
1 - Stan Van Gundy
2 - Mike Brown
3 - George Karl / Gregg Popovich

Topic #19534 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

AWESOME !!!!!!

WHO ???????

Why should we care ??

Reply #231295 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Dont think Jason Terry will get 6th man, has been injured for too much of the season. I think lil Nate might get it..

Duncan for the first team is arguable also... should be interesting..

Reply #231309 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

I'd switch Pau and Duncan.

I'd switch Tony P for Deron.

I'd have Eric Gordon top 2 for ROY.

6th man, Nate, unless he started too many games to qualify(?)

But thats pretty close to money for me.

Reply #231317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Mo Williams a chance at making Third Team?

Reply #231318 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

Issac _ I forgot about Mo. He could be in over Tony and Deron.

Reply #231328 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

If Mo will makes the all nba 3rd team ill jump off a building

man i hate cleveland

Reply #231329 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Danny Granger for MIP?

Reply #231331 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Mo Williams?! Are you guys freakin serious?!

D-Will is the first pg i would pick for my team.

Jazz have had Boozer out most the year, and when he's played he has been average at best.

Take D-will out of the jazz and what do you have?

Memo?
Brewer?

D-Will is carrying that team. He and Brandon Roy are the two players who play their roles to perfection, take over when needed, play within the team system at all other times. Outstanding talents.

Mo is not in my top 10 pg in the league.

Reply #231335 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Lots of guards who could be considered. Ray Allen has probably been the Celtics best this year but PP might be more of a chance to make a team because he is a forward?

Reply #231355 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Good selections overall Humpa.

I agree with Duncan in the First Team All-NBA, Manu has mised 40-odd games, Parker was out for periods, and yet the Spurs have been holding onto a top 4 seed all season.

I understand the argument for Gasol, but put Gasol on the Spurs and Duncan on the Lakers - would the Spurs still be as good and consistent?

Joe Johnson has had a better year than Paul Pierce, but someone has to be represented for Boston's 60 win season. I would take Carmelo Anthony out, leave PP as forward and place JJ as the other forward.

Mo Willimas has had an excellent season. Take him out and Cleveland is a 50-55 win team, not 65 wins. His range on the 3 spreads the defence so far that Lebron can get to the rim.

Reply #231362 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

we are in the best period of basketball ever - the golden era with the all world - greatest player Kobe in his prime - the King LeBron and the flashy D-Wade ..... by the end of their careers these hall of famers could be 1,2,3 in the all greatest lists

Reply #231375 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Spoelstra might be in the running for COY too.

Reply #231378 | Report this post

Sleeptime  
Years ago

playtime,

none will be as good as Jordan.

They might not even be as good as Magic and Larry.

Reply #231391 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

jordan is overrated ... good in his day but thats a different old school era

Kobe is bigger, smoother and better shooter - it's just an evoution thing - people get bigger, stronger and better as time goes on

for example the winner 100m in the 40s, 60s or even 80s won't even be able to compete with the slowest in the 100m today

Reply #231400 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

you old guys need to stop looking through rose colored glasses and get with the program .. that is with the now .. and the now is IN

Reply #231401 | Report this post

Sleeptime  
Years ago

They why has nobody been able to replicate Michael Johnson feat of winning the 400M and 200M at the same Olympics?

And considering his 200 WR from that event only just got beaten last year, maybe not.

Jordan was great because of his attitude towards winning. Same with Larry, and same with Magic.

PS Larry still holds the record for most rebounds in a college season. Nobody has done better in 25 years.

Reply #231414 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

why is chris paul not getting any consideration for MVP? surely he is playing well enough to be considered over Kobe.

Reply #231425 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Lebron will win MVP with Wade being unlucky, becuase he probably had the best season of all of them but becuase his team didnt win as many games, he wont win.

Reply #231435 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

When healthy, Tim Duncan is far and away the best player in the league.

MVP is a nothing award.

Reply #231440 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yeah Yeah Jordan was tha man rah rah all his rings rah rah rah. That was then this is now. I watched Jordan win most of his rings and don't think he was any better player than Kobe/Lebron. They are all amazing athletes that seem to score at will and are able to defend the best. I'm sure failing any career ending injuries that Lebron,Dwade, and Kobe will all be Hall of Famers like Jordan rah rah rah.

Reply #231501 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

mystro,

Obviously you didn't watch the NBA Finals last year. No way Jordan lets that happen to his team (especially the game the Lakers gave up that huge lead).

As for LeBron - I'm yet to be convinced he is the competitor the Jordan was. Yes he may be more athletic than Jordan but Jordan was so great because he was such a tough competitor. I've seen glimpses of it from LeBron (vs Detroit a couple of years ago in the playoffs) but overall LeBron seems to be more about ego and empire building than a genuine competitor (my opinion). Plus LeBron needs a post up game and consistent mid range jumper (I'm sure they will come)

Reply #231502 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Did you miss all Jordans early games in his career when he got his arse handed to him every year by Detroit????
Stop putting him on this untouchable mantle piece. Sure he was ONE of the greatest ever but Kobe (I can't even stand him or L.A) is an amazing player of equal athletism with a real smooth jump shot that'll take it to the rack much like your beloved Jordan. I don't hate Jordan, (I've at least 14k's worth of his sneakers) I just don't think he is god.

Reply #231512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan was the man but that was then, this is now.

Reply #231527 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Yeah, but Kobe isn't in the early stages of his career. As I said before - there is no way that Jordan would have let his team lose a Finals game when they were up by a much as Kobe's Lakers were against Boston last year. End of debate IMO. LeBron could get there yet.

Reply #231528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oden08, Lebron is having a great season but I tend to agree with some of your comments regarding him but I feel Kobe is there in terms of ability, IQ, leadership ect. I'm not a huge LA fan either but you have to respect how he plays every week

Reply #231529 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I have not said that I don't respect Kobe - I agree about his IQ, ability etc. My point was regarding the comparison to Jordan. Kobe is a true superstar of the game but IMO he isn't in the same class as Jordan. Kobe had Shaq for his three championships but when he was the sole superstar last year among a group of talented role players plus fringe stars like Gasol and Odom he could not produce. If the Lakers win the next three titles let's start this discussion again.

Reply #231534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754