Bobbywonkenobe
Years ago

Free Excel Basketball Statistics Workbook

As a grandfather very interested in basketball, I have been keeping the Player and Team statistics for the games that my three grandsons play in. Capturing these statistics of actions during a game has helped their coaches to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individual players and the team. This has allowed them to concentrate on improving weaknesses and using the strengths of players and the team when planning team tactics and suitable plays.
I have used the an Excel Workbook during this season and it can be found along with an information sheet in a folder at

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12864290/e5748e9b/sharing.html (Use Version 2)

Although the Workbook is a freebie, it is simple to use and works out a range of totals , averages and efficiency figures for the players and the team. Give it a go and you will be the coaches friend for life.
I designed the Workbook so I would like feedback from any users on any difficulties on using it and suggestions for improvements

Topic #19546 | Report this topic

Amber  
Years ago

I would like to recieve this workbook!
Thankyou
Amber

Reply #231441 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Looks good.
Number of fouls and Assists would be beneficial too.
Useful tool for the development of the kids for sure.
Well done.

Reply #231444 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Hi Amber

The best way to obtain a copy of the Workbook is to copy the following address of the web page and paste it into the Address bar at the top of your browser page.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12864290/e5748e9b/sharing.html

This will take you to the file sharing site 4shared and the page from which you can download the Workbook and an information sheet either in pdf or Word doc. form which helps to explain how to use the Workbook.

Let me know if you need further help
Bobby

Reply #231496 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Hi Curious

Your suggestion on additions to the Statistics System is being looked at and I propose to add 'Assists', 'Fouls' and 'Blocks' to Version 3

I am also looking at the possibility of recording 'Court Time' from which I hope to obtain some sort of 'Player Rating' for the game and for the season. This may be an addition to Version 4

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope you find the use of the Workook as rewarding for your team as it has been for mine this season
Bobby

Reply #231497 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Don't want to be negative and the package you've developed looks terrific and does some stuff that LIVE STATS wont, but did you know that LIVE STATS is downloadable FREE from the FIBA site?

Its reasonably comprehensive and allows instantaneous input rather than transcription but I'm not sure it tallies over the season the way your package seems to.

Another key stat I'm trying to play with at the moment and would like to automate more is +/-. That is, the difference between the score when a player enters the court and when a player leaves the court (accumulated over the game).

I had a play during one of my daughter's games last week and it was telling to see the variation in scores. Probably can't tell a whole lot from the one game but I'd be interested to see trends over the year. Scores in this particular 6-point win ranged from -2 to +18.

Does anybody have a system fro keeping this stat?

Reply #231517 | Report this post

tony  
Years ago

where on the fiba site is this available

Reply #231524 | Report this post

tony  
Years ago

also- can i use the livestats program from fiba- to track only my team?

Reply #231526 | Report this post

Fleur Mills  
Years ago

I would like to receive this workbook please

Reply #231576 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Hi Fleur Mills
It appears that the link to the address in my post which would take you directly to the workbook folder is not working so I suggest that the best way to obtain a copy of the Workbook is to copy the following address of the web page and paste it into the Address bar at the top of your browser page.

This will take you to the file sharing site 4shared and the page from which you can download the Workbook. There is also an information sheet in pdf and Word doc. form which helps to explain how to use the Workbook
Please let me know if you are unsuccessful with this and I will try to help you in some other way
Bobby

Reply #231604 | Report this post

Rochelle  
Years ago

Reply #238787 | Report this post

Aussie Coach  
Years ago

Thanks Bobby

Downloads still working in august!

Reply #246059 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Thanks Aussie Coach
Our season here in Scotland starts in mid September and I hope to add 'ASSISTS' and 'BLOCKS' to the workbook before then. So I better get a move on.

When I finish the additions to the workbook I will place it in the same file sharing folder for anyone to use. It will be shown as Version 3

Regards
Bobby

Reply #246465 | Report this post

Coach D.  
Years ago

I would like to recieve a copy of Excel Basketball Workbook.

Thank You,

Coach D.

Reply #249910 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Hi Coach D
First try clicking on the link below. If this link does not work then I suggest that the best way to obtain a copy of the Workbook is to copy the following address of the web page and paste it into the Address bar at the top of your browser page.

This will take you to the file sharing site 4shared and the page from which you can download the Workbook. There is also an information sheet in pdf and Word doc. form which helps to explain how to use the Workbook
Please let me know if you are unsuccessful with this and I will try to help you in some other way

Bobby

Reply #251830 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Following suggestions for additional features to be added to the workbook, Version 3 is now available as a free download along with an Instruction sheet explaining its operation
It can be downloaded from
If you have any difficulties with downloading the files, let me know and I will e-mail them to you

Reply #275397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #278281 | Report this post

Bobbywonkenobe  
Years ago

Ankles, following your comments regarding the Livestats FIBA program I downloaded Livestats (L/Stats) from the FIBA website and after 3 downloads and 1 uninstall I managed to get it to run. MY FAULT. If all else fails refer to the manual which states that if your operating system is Vista, which mine is, then you have to tell L/Stats to run thro' the Administrator each time you use it. Problem solved.
Now up and running and using the operating manual, I set up the program and ran it with input from an imaginary game and at the end produced a set of statistics. L/Stats stats were very similar to those produced by my program (MProg) with L/Stats having Court Time as an extra and MProg having Layup and Charges stats as extras. L/Stats also produces a Game Analysis giving stats for "Fast Break Pts", "Pts from Turnovers", "Biggest Lead" etc which can highlight to the coach some strengths/weaknesses in the team.
A comparison of the two programs from my short period of time (approx 2hrs) using L/Stats, is as follows
L/Stats Advantages:-
1. A professional looking real time system producing readily available stats
2. Game analysis stats produced
L/Stats Disadvantages:-
1. More complex system requiring considerable familiarisation time to learn and be able to keep up with the pace of a game
2. If the regular stats person is unavailable, it would be extremely difficult for someone else to operate the system
MProg Advantages:-
1. A simple system allowing any willing person, asst coach/parent, to collect data during a game.
2. Stats from up to 30 games (a season) are combined to produce Players'/Team's Totals and Averages/Game throughout the season
MProg Disadvantages:-
1. Data collection at games must be inputed into an Excel spreadsheet at a later time, thus not being a real time system
2. No Game Analysis is made

Having tried Livestats, although for a short time, I am of the opinion that there is a niche for my program in the basketball world. It is suitable for those who require a simple stats program to produce a good range of stats and can be operated by a wide range of people associated with a Club with minimum familiarisation/learning time

Reply #297588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #314977 | Report this post

Johnny Hudson  
Years ago

Yes, I would love to look at the free excel basketball statistics workbook

Reply #318891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754