billo
Years ago

NBL in the 90's - great video

Was taking a look at John Rillie's blog and noticed he'd put this clip up. It's a report on the NBL in 1990 when the league was on the rise, definitely worth a look for Goorjian's mullet alone.

Topic #19552 | Report this topic

Disappointing not to see any Dean Uthoff clips

Reply #231503 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The first thing I thought of when I saw Brian Goorjian in that video was AC Slater (Mario Lopez) from Saved by the Bell.

Reply #231507 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

love the presenters last lines..."the rise and rise of basketball"

if only!

Reply #231510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need those bands like college have.. awesome atmosphere they create

Reply #231511 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Wrublewski's comment at the end was ironic given what happened to the Kings (and the kind of fans they did sport). But i guess everyone thought the same way back then.

Reply #231513 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Great vid, very ironic. No Dwayne McLain, disappointing!

Reply #231515 | Report this post

Stumps  
Years ago

McClain wasn't out here yet when that article was produced.

Reply #231539 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice flashback billo, thanks for posting. That mullet must haunt Goorjian. I'd love to see someone make some posters of his 1990 vintage hairdo and distribute them at the next Dragons game in Adelaide!

Loved Leroy's comment about gambling: "who's going to bet $10,000 on a game?"

Who was the guy going coast to coast for a great slam at about 1:08? Was it Vince Hinchen from the Geelong Supercats?

Funny seeing a young A Gaze going grey even then! Those Seton Hall shots remind me of a clip I saw awhile back of the closing moments of their OT loss in the '89 NCAA Final. Gaze's opponent for that game was none other than NBA scoring star Glenn Rice.

Reply #231543 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Jerry Everett wasn't it? i thought it was newcastle - Clint Dogg to the rescue?

Reply #231703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754