ab
Years ago

Fox Commentary

If Foxsports covers the New league next season, then chances are fox will need more Commentators. Any suggestions?

Steve and Gaze are locks.
Bradke isn't tv material
John Casey is doing regional ABC radio work, could he be back in?

Maher and Smyth would be great commentators.

I feel the league needs more clean cut and down to earth commentators next season.

Topic #19558 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Casey was doing the AFL on Fox Sports?

Reply #231614 | Report this post

wtf  
Years ago

Phil Smyth would be a good commentator? wtf!!!! what on earth makes you say that. The bloke is a stiff!!

Commentators are supposed to have a personality

Reply #231617 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

bradke has a 'face for radio'

gaze is showing signs of struggling with the 3 hats he is wearing,tigers,b/a and fox commentator.
his 'fence sitting' is starting to sound like marcia hines off australian idol.

Reply #231621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shane heal!

Reply #231625 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

Bruce Palmer

Reply #231627 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Casey comes back. Sure, he is an ass but I'd chose him over Steve doing the play-by-play any day of the week. Steve is good at the colour commentary.

I think Shane Heal and Bruce Palmer, if available, are good suggestions also. I dislike both of them but they've got personailty and they speak their minds. They would provide spirit to the commentary.

Gaze is awful. Its good for the game (I guess) to have such a public figure still involved in the game. I just dislike him as a commentor and think he adds very little. But he is easily the highest profile person in the sport, so I don't know, I guess its a shame to hide him away.

Reply #231629 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Carfino's improved a lot as the play-by-play commentator since he stopped trying to emulate Casey's narration-style of running commentary. Minimalistic commentary is the way to go. I like Casey, but his narration-style commentary is not necessary.

In the past I have enjoyed listening to Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Bruce Palmer, Simon Kerle, David Ingham, and, yes, even Mark Bradtke. Most of them have personality and knowledge.

Reply #231631 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Brendan Joyce i think could be in the mix

Reply #231634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would love to hear paul rees i think he would bring a lot of humour and wouldn't be scared to speak his mind

Reply #231635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rupert Sapwell did an alright job :P

Maher/Sapwell as 3rd commentators on fox?

Reply #231644 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Bring back the Hammer!!

Reply #231649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't mind Carfino and Gaze. Palmer, when he's done the radio commentary, has been entertaining.

Reply #231663 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If One HD got the NBL, I could imagine seeing Bill Woods getting a gig in between the motor racing.

I don't mind Carfino and Gaze. Bruce Palmer would be good too. Maybe some new blood as well would be worthwhile.

Reply #231669 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Hey Wtf do you have an issue with Smyth it is obvious you don't know him.I would like Maher and Smyth both smart guys who know the game.Heal is all about himself have a look at his last 2 seasons and the damage he has done to clubs he was at.Palmer is way past it bring Casey back for sure.

Reply #231672 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

heal shoulda stayed in Minny a few years ago. him and KG coulda made some noise ... at least Gaze won a Championship with the old Spurs back in the day

Reply #231679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

leonard copeland

Reply #231718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its school holidays again already, playtime? wow.

go play somewhere else.

Reply #231740 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Has to be Peter Walsh - has no peer.

Reply #231759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754