wak
Years ago

C'MON SYDNEY!

Low and behold, I see myself barracking for the Kings - what is the world coming to?

If the Kings beat Hawks this week, and we stamp on the Taipans, then SECOND is where we end up thanks to those Pirates.

C'mon Goorji!

Topic #1956 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Wak, don't feel silly about it. It is an extenuating circumstance where barracking for the Kings is to feather our own nest. I think we all feel the same. We don't want the Kings to take out the championship, we just want to be the ones who take it away from them.

Reply #22160 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Shame Wethers took over Farley inthe scoing race again but if it wasn't for his spectacular 45points the hawks would have won.

Farley-742points 4 year
Wethers-745points 4 year

Go the Kings!

Reply #22162 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Kriss

Kavossy Franklin scored the 45

Reply #22165 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

nbl.com.au has them both on 23.8 ppg.

Reply #22171 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

cheers kent, my bad...should be a great shootout as im sure both would love to win it!

Reply #22184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone else thinking that Sydney might not try to win, and will Rest there players instead seeing as though they have top spot locked up?

And also the fact that Goorjian cant beat the sixers in the finals :)

Reply #22185 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the Hawks beat Sydney, Sydney lose their other remaining game, and Adelaide beat Cairns, then Hawks will finish 1st on the three way tie-breaker. I don't think Sydney will be resting players!

Reply #22186 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Also at any stage of the year, Goorjian and Joyce want the bragging rights. No tactics between them, except to win, every time! What a fantastic week coming up.

If this league had more of a following and had more free to air coverage, just imagine the interset of how each team will end up with such a gridlock all the way down the ladder!

You can't help but think, with Adelaide winning in Wollongong WITHOUT MAHER, and then the Hawks losing too 2 teams they should seriously have the goods over, is there a sense of 'Meant to Be', for the Sixers?

It's not like the Hawks haven't been in good touch either, bouncing back to beat Sydney in Sydney after we bettled them!

Reply #22187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two-time Halo 2 silver medalist, I don't think "bettled" is a word...

Reply #22188 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

'Belted' is what I was looking for, sorry I was having flashbacks again to being sniped on Ascention!

Reply #22191 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Goorj wont rest players, too much pride involved.

If they lose to Hawks then too much pressure to finish first, doesn't want the team to crumble.
May rest them once Hawks defeated.

Reply #22231 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Last year the Kings didn't have 1st secured till the 2nd last game as well, they then not so much rested, but used the last game as more of a practise session, ran different plays, experimented with lineups etc.

Reply #22301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754