HoopDreams
Years ago

U18 Nationals

U18 Nationals are in Gawler from April 18 to 25.

VicMetro are going to be a shoe-in for gold in both boys and girls.

Both SA Metro teams in with a good medal shot. I think the SA teams will need hometown support to get them home so lets show those Northern Suburbs Roughnecks what Hoops is about.

Basketball, everyone's game :)

Topic #19572 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, good to get behind the SA teams.

OMG "Northern Suburbs Roughnecks"

Fair go sunshine!

I suppose if stereotyping is in order, then we should probably mention the following sterotypes...

"Southern Suburbs Coneheads"
"Western Suburbs Rev heads"
"Eastern Suburbs Yuppies"
"Adelaide Hills Brats"

Is there any group not yet offended?

Reply #231792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get behind it with the prices they are charging to watch, I doubt it!!

Reply #231797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the prices? Not that I care...but IMO there will be some good basketballers on display so pay up and get along..

Not sure on any teams, but Vic will always have top quality teams...good program...obvious with the results...

good luck to all involved...if it wasn't for a business trip pre planned i would have been there....

Reply #231798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This Nationals is up for grabs, NSW Metro very confident, SA team will be tough and WA Metro the smokey.

Vic Metro and Vic Cntry finalists from 2 yrs ago will be around it and do not forget Qld Sth.

Cannot wait.

Reply #231826 | Report this post

Basket73  
Years ago

yer exactly right watch out for queensland south....very big!!!

Reply #231827 | Report this post

the_facta  
Years ago

Malloy has his guys looking great at this stage, will be tough to beat.
Vic Country have a little guard who can flat out play. He's a Weribbee junior in 18VC and has never played nationals before but has US high schools after him and is a regular at Duke University with their coaches each year.
Watchout for this kid, his name is Stephen Osborne,dont know his number etc but keep an eye out.

Reply #231829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Mrs O

Reply #231833 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Vic Country have a guard from Werribee? Surely that cannot be correct....?

Reply #231835 | Report this post

hjgkfg  
Years ago

anyone know the full vic metro boys side?

Reply #231836 | Report this post

dog 49  
Years ago

HO why could that not be correct? A lot of SA Country kids play for Adelaide clubs, so why would Vic be any different?

Try reading "who plays for Werribee", instead of "from Werribee".

Reply #231837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and who gives about vic kids anyway

Reply #231881 | Report this post

T-DOG  
Years ago

Metro have gone small this year choosing only the two true bigs in Iskra and Sinclair. Jordan Hughes is the one to watch, first crack at nationals and he has the game to dominate the tournament. You heard it first here....

Line up as follows.

Anthony Drmic
Brandon Iskra
Igor Hadziomerovic
Izaak Woodley
Jordan Hughes
Joshua Flink
Owen Odigie
Samuel Gilmore
Stefan Uzelac
Will Sinclair

Reply #231914 | Report this post

lk;n  
Years ago

Where does Hughes play?

Reply #231922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW METRO

Jackson Aldridge
Philip Chircu
Michael Claus
Andrija Dumovic
Daniel Hill
Stuart McEwen
Sam Rowley
Cameron Stewart
Daniel Trist
Lachlan Urwin

NSW Country

Jesse Baaner
Brodie Calvert
Jack Duck
John Fenton
Nick Kay
Nicholas Kondakis
Matthew Logan
Sam Marler
William Ozolins
Sam Robilliard

WA METRO

Xavier Davidson
Sean Gilmore
Mitchell Clarke
Lewis Thomas
Jordan Perret
Jackson Hussey
Ben Murphy
Josh Johnson
Bola Orundami
Jared Zornada

WA COUNTRY

Luke Wrensted
Luke Deighton
Cory Richardson
Brent Latch
Ryan Smith
Sam Fossati
James Goodlad
Tyler Hickert
Jeremy Paull
Tim Davis

VIC COUNTRY

Sam Byron
Mitchell Creek
Thomas Downie
Jarryd Fryar
Andre Garcey
Joshua Grover
Riley McFarlane
Stefan Osborne
Tyrone Ross
Ambu Uliando

Reply #231923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metro have gone small this year choosing only the two true bigs in Iskra and Sinclair.

Is that the same Samuel Gilmore from the AYOF in sydney? he was about 205cms, not small...

Reply #231924 | Report this post

kdfdhgkf  
Years ago

Gilmore is probably not quite 205cm, I'd say closer to 200cm, but is wirey thin & a face up shooter/athlete... not a big banger.

Reply #231927 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What about girls comp?? What are SA teams like?

Reply #232001 | Report this post

yep. stef osbourne is a geelong resident who plays for werribee.

Was with corio stringrays program. Still trained by Dan Riches who I beleive is know to SA hoopsters.

stef is a catch and shoot player. If your going to the nats and watching vic country spend a moment watching Tyrone Ross - should prove entertaining.

I'm sure he is one of many talented juniors.

Good luck to all

Reply #232021 | Report this post

Bahahahahahahaha  
Years ago

We played Tyrone's team, Hamilton (he was the only half-descent player on the team), at a portland comp early this year and he is a very, very quick player with amazing handles and ball control. Didn't shoot that well there but he might have just had an off weekend.

Should be interesting to see how he goes.

Reply #232047 | Report this post

T-DOG  
Years ago

Ikin,

Hughes is one of many that will play 1/2 for vic metro. I like him coming off on balls as he's super agressive and great when looking for his own. I just hope he doesn't get get stage fright and look only to pass to guys like Drmic and Hadziomerovic on every posession. This would not necessarily be a bad result for Vic Metro but I'd like to see this kid get his own cause he's worked his butt off to get this far.

Anon 924,

Sam's a great talent, with a massive upside. But Banging just aint his thing. He's more of a finesse player and will more than likely defend on the perimiter whenever possible.

Reply #232081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys were right, Ross and Osborne were fun to watch this week, both took some of the heat off Creek who was awesome. Nice dunk on QldS in bronze game!!

Reply #233054 | Report this post

m.creek  
Years ago

thanks budd. the photos of it on kangaroo photos site of it are very well captured.

Reply #236033 | Report this post

TT  
Years ago

Jordan Hughes & Stefan Osborne from U.18 Vic Metro & Vic Country are playing with Barwon Bullets in the CBL. North East Men. Hughes top scored with 25 pts & Osborne hit 18 in their first game. They have been winning by big margins each week. In the home game against Maryborough, last Saturday Bullets won 119 to 49 with Osborne & Hughes playing well. Hughes hit 21 points in the final quarter. They have added a new dimension to the already talented team that includes this years Geelong Supercats MVP Jason Reardon, and former Supercats Star Christian Keepen.

Reply #256683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754