Isaac
Years ago

Pat Mills teleconference at 9:45 AET

From BA:

Mills will dial in from St. Mary's College in Moraga, California, where he recently concluded his sophomore season with the Gaels, averaging career highs of 18.7 points, 4.0 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game.

Has Patty employed an agent? Will he test the pro-league waters to gauge the temperature? What would that mean for his inclusion in the Boomers' 2009 campaign? Will he ignore the hype and stay in college?
I've got a dial-in number and PIN code if someone here has the time to listen in on the conference and report back? Let me know.

Topic #19584 | Report this topic

davidk  
Years ago

HI

I have time, can you send to my email below.

(Mod: Email removed to protect from spam bots.)

cheers
DAvid

Reply #231949 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

The conference didn't go ahead this morning. They might be re-organising something in the next 4 hours, we'll just have to wait and see.

Reply #231952 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did they give a reason? Maybe technical difficulties?

Reply #231954 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

I came in a little late, just as a guy was aplogising on his behalf and said they would try again as it is only 5.30pm in the afternoon over there. I took it as Patty was held-up and wasn't available.

Someone tried to ask if Patty was intending to announce for draft and he didn't give anything away, saying he couldn't speak for Patty.

Let's hope it does happen today, the suspense is killing me now.

Reply #231957 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

cheers for the updates.

hopefully find out before the days out.

Reply #231961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks David, appreciate the effort.

Reply #231965 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

I like the way Patty showed team USA what the real deal was is in the Olympics

Reply #231976 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

He deserves 1st round pick, he proved that at Olympic level, at least if you pick him you won't have to deal with a huge ego and all the baggage that some athletes have.

Reply #231996 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Yah,

i thought he was a definite first rounder, until he got that hand injury to his shooting hand late in the college season.

Reply #231997 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

Conference went ahead at 1PM today and the news just in is.

News is Patty has declared for the NBA Draft but has left the door open to return to college if the tryouts don't go well between now and late June.

I missed the phone conference, so can't make any comments about the mood, what was discussed etc. I only got an update from Bill Baxter from Basketball Australia Media after the conference.

I have seen one mock draft, will post when i can remember which one that has him already down as no:20 pick.

Reply #232003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754