kcgone
Years ago

NBL ?? Where are you??

This is rediculous, how long until they release whats going on. Anybody have news??

Todate all I have seen is

Larry Sengstock /Andrew Gaze / Scott Derwent etc - only spouting how bad the NBL was and that it cuased the demise of Basketball???? Not BA's inability to manage? Sick of this line when they can't make up their own minds.

Its pathetic, just like the new Logo and supposed song! I'm starting to warm up to the demised Spirit logo!

Topic #19606 | Report this topic

playtime  
Years ago

NBL going the way of the dodo - or tassie tiger ??

Reply #232239 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

9 teams officially in league, cairns and wollongong in. Possible 32 game season

Reply #232241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think friday will be anncoumnent as all already mentioned somewhere on the forum

Reply #232244 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Putting the Hawks back in and not getting Brisbane or Syd. up is terrible news we are going nowhere.
Iam not a pessimist like some posters and believe that the NBl or whatever we call it has a future.
But we need big cities and we dont want teams that are going to fall over. Hawks just dont get numbers anymore or have potential to do so.
Concerns are both Melb. teams going to a small stadium are not what we want .
Still no real leadership or ballsy decisions being made.
How come all these posters told us all these owners were going to buy us and we look like being owned by the Tigers . Please some of you guys in the know tell us why these people are out of the picture now.
McPeake makes money by being lean. Whats he going to do close of one side of stadium and all outlets or raise prices. He is not coming because he likes Adelaide. Now I am getting negative but we need some positive hard decisions with some decent marketing with stadiums to fit decent numbers.

Reply #232255 | Report this post

davidk  
Years ago

The NBL (basketball generally)is a good product, it shouldn't be a hard sell for the new NBL.

I agree with other posters, that we need the big cities and decent sized venues. Also playing in prime-time slots helps (not as much mid-week games).

I think they need to make a point of difference with other competing sports. Sell the athleticism of the sport ( i really like that new AFL add, it really sells the sport ). Sell the fact it is a clean sport, no drugs, no thugs, clean fun normal guys who happen to be superb athletes.

Lastly get it on TV, get it on FOX, get it in schools, get the kids playing, the kids will drag their parents to games..

Has anyone looked at tying up better links with the NBA in America, is it desperate enough for us now to be holding out our hands and asking for assistance? Even if it's just idea's on how to run our league and how to sell our league, it all helps, doesn't it?

Reply #232264 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

basketball or NBL in particular is not the cool thing anymore - I heard it was the in thing in the 90s though - they need to promote the great Kobe like they did MJ back in the day - and sell more of his shoes

Reply #232266 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

Boti had this article today.

Basketball to stick with 'old stagers'

Reply #232277 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Playtime.............piss off with all your Kobe this Kobe that carap for Ch***t sake

Reply #232289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does mean the accouncemeny won't be this week.

Reply #232292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754