benpepper
Years ago

qdeck gold coast blaze future

No announcement at all has been made on signings or sackings for the blaze. all we know is watkins and brendan joyce are gone, and big joe (former bullets manager) is the new manager.

Players that will be sacked are melmetthh (Nba prospect lol) mcgregor frank cameron, bowen wont be back, and maybe dan joyce (soj).

players staying are whitehead vanderjagt (promoted to 10 man roster) and demos.

harvey wants to stay but getting better offers elsewhere.

It seems it will be a brand new team with a brand new coach.

Who you guys think we should sign?

I think we should chase tim behrendorff to back up vanderjagt at centre as he is a solid player and also a local. if we cant get him, try get cam tragardh.

Quality USA PG is a priority, we need it.

Who else should we get as forwards??

If we get a decent team we will avg over 4000 ppl a game.

please discuss what you think blaze should do sign etc??

Topic #19620 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I think the Blaze should sign cooper. just because I don't want him to be a sixer next year

Reply #232357 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

you guys can have paul henare, doubt Behrendorf will want to leave a competitive club to join the cellar dwellers on the gold coast.

Reply #232360 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Gold Coast was actually the first city I lived in Australia, so definitely want them to do well but you really think average of 4000 people is possible?

BTW I don't think you need to worry about Blaze's next season, most teams aren't and probably won't be making much moves until there's been clear decisions by NBL.

Reply #232433 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

LA Boy,

if the team is competative and the club can market the games well 4k isnt that much of a stretch. Sure it wont happen straight away but the club needs to continue to build awareness and make sure that game night is slick and entertaining as well as having a good product on the floor.
IMO a lot more needs to be done with other businesses in the area - having the games in Broadbeach should open up endless possibilities for cross promotion with restaurants and bars in particular that can add to the crowd.

Reply #232473 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

don't get me wrong I realy want GC to do well; I loved living there. I'm actually looking to hold various camps and workshops with PCYSs and schools (eg. All Saints, TSS etc.) over there later this year with the intention of promoting the sport. So definitely am trying to help that place to do well but as far as I know rugby takes too much attention over there. And majority of people I know other there still hasn't been to a single game (with this I have to admit I'm not sure what type of promo the Blaze has done).

Reply #232566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754