skull
Years ago

FOX Vs ONEHD,OR BOTH ?

does anyone know if the fox thing is in concrete ?
if so,how long and is there an out clause as with any business deal ?

with the current WFC i think we may better off catering for the masses of FTA than PTV,or better still, a good blend of both! if that is possible!
obvious eg.live on fox and delayed on onehd.

i think the longer b/a delays decisions the better.
as the WFC deepens the pro sport world will be bought back to expose its bear bones.
with so many of these sports already committed to over spending along with dwindling crowds and less corporate dollars,i feel b/a is in the box seat,as long as everyone stays on the same page!!!

Topic #19660 | Report this topic

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think they should make it exclusive to OneHD. I know Foxtel has been in support for a long time but I don't really think it'd work out that way. Exclusive OndHD will turn out like what netball is currently like.

Reply #232925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One HD currently has a penetration of about 50% and will be 100% by 2013 when the federal government switches off the analogue signal.

Fox Sports only has a 25% penetration and doesn't look like increasing much in the near future - Australia just isn't taking to pay television compared to the US and UK.

Reply #232927 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

and that's because paytv here is expensive as hell!

Reply #232929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Australia just isn't taking to pay television compared to the US and UK"

Not surprising. You pay $50 a month for a whole load of channel which you dont want and there is still huge amounts of advertising. Surely if you are PAYING for TV there would be no/less advertising.

Reply #232943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel was never interested in the NBL. It thrived on peeps wanting LIVE games in their loungeroom, which DOES NOT put bums on seats.
Goodbye Poxtel & good riddance.
I say INVITE One HD (FTA) & INSIST on a delayed airings, just like the good ol' days.
Good times ahead, that is, if there's a 36ers. : (

Reply #232960 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

how about no Foxtel at all to give OneHD exclusive rights and in return...live games

Reply #232963 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Never had Foxtel at home and do not intend too. Have watched OneHD and intend to increase this. Really enjoy the NBA and IPL coverage, just to list a few. When I'm home and want to watch some TV OneHD is first choice unless their is something I specifically want to watch on other stations. Also target the basketball games. OneHD is just advertising Slamball that I think I will watch. Whats not to like on OneHD.

Reply #233040 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

Foxtel is still the way to go - ONE HD only shows 2 games a week of the playoffs ....

Reply #233079 | Report this post

Who's the Boss?  
Years ago

WFC,FTA,PTV,NBA,IPL,NBL....WTF!

Reply #233909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754