Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers 'not dead' yet

(note: don't know why this hasn't been yet)

NEW Basketball Australia chief executive officer Larry Sengstock says the revamped elite men's league "desperately" needs an Adelaide presence.

Pressed further on what the future held for Adelaide fans of NBL basketball, Van Groningen said: "I would find it hard to picture a league without the Adelaide 36ers."

In that he has an ally in incoming BA chief executive Sengstock, who starts in the challenging role today.

"The bottom line in my mind is we're attempting to and wanting to get teams in each of the major cities," he said last night.

"The Adelaide 36ers have been there for 27 years.

"We would desperately like to see an Adelaide team in the (new) league. Of course time is of the essence. The time frame is getting shorter - no doubt about that."

More: http://linky.com.au/ry83e

Topic #19677 | Report this topic

Number 44  
Years ago

Look for a certain father of an ex player to put up the bank guarantee.

It might just be the right medicine for the sixer's problems.

Reply #233123 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

His surname wouldn't be a 2 letter name would it?

Reply #233125 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A knight who says Nie!

Reply #233129 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

God this sport is getting embarassing.

Reply #233131 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

That would be nice of the family if it did happen but it should not have to be like that, plus don't think i would trust that lot with my money.

Reply #233132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

44, sure that isn't an older rumour from a few days ago? There was also related foreign interest in the Dome that didn't really eventuate.

Reply #233144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754