Anonymous
Years ago

WNBL MVP named

Bulleen Melbourne Boomers star Katrina Hibbert was today announced as the 'Price Attack' Women's National Basketball League (WNBL) Most Valuable Player Award for the 2004/05 season.

Hibbert, who was also named in the All-Star Five today, received 131 votes to comfortably edge Belinda Snell on 101 votes and win the prestigious award.

"It makes me feel proud," the 27-year-old from Ivanhoe (VIC) said when she was told of the honour.

The 180cm centre played every game for Bulleen Melbourne this season (21), top scored for her team (19.4ppg) and averaged 35 minutes per game.

wnbl.com.au

Topic #1969 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

I noticed in Boti's article in the paper this morning that Laura came forth in the MVP voting, which leads me to think should the All*Star five be the five highest in the voting or the best centre, best point guard etc.

Reply #22379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754