me
Years ago

NH - Best program to build websites?

Hi folks,
Just a step away from the doom and gloom of the 36ers for a moment.

I am thinking of taking a course learn to build/design webpages...

What is the best (most commonly used) program to build in?

Are there any specific needs to do it?

Is it best learnt via Uni...Tafe...??

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help (yes Isaac, im looking at you) :)

Topic #19716 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

save time,
pay isaac money,
isaac builds site,
customer happy

done.

Reply #233548 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We use text editors. Teach yourself online. Sorry about short response but heading to the airport soon. Email me and I will reply after the 8th.

Reply #233550 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I'm not in the website business (I'm a software engineer) and have never built a website of note, but I assume it's still safe to say that Adobe Dreamweaver is still one of the prominent WYSIWYG-style website builders.

Isaac is right though - you will benefit a heap by just getting yourself a syntax-highlighting text-editor, and learning HTML/CSS/Javascript etc. etc. by yourself. Not that I don't think there's any place for software which can automate some of that stuff for you, but they'll only bring you trouble in the long-run if you don't have a solid understanding of what they're doing behind-the-scenes.

Reply #233577 | Report this post

lakers(1)  
Years ago

Adobe Dreamweaver

Reply #233593 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Cheers folks.

Isaac...to the airport?

hmmmmmmmmmm

Is it time to start the rumour about who is heading up.... "The Consortium"?

:)

Reply #233644 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754