mystro
Years ago

Rondo's Elbow escapes further Penalty

-- The NBA has decided not to take any additional action against Rajon Rondo for his skirmish with Kirk Hinrich in Game 6.

The league said Friday the first-quarter play would stand as a flagrant foul against Rondo. It could have upgraded the foul or even suspended the Celtics' point guard for Game 7 of the series Saturday.

Chicago was leading 34-25 Thursday when Derrick Rose rebounded a missed 3-pointer by Boston's Stephon Marbury with 30 seconds left. That's when Rondo shoved Hinrich into the scorer's table. Hinrich pushed him back and Rondo then threw an elbow that missed.

The league previously declined to further penalize Rondo for his foul on Brad Miller in the closing seconds of Game 5.

Count the Celtics and Rondo lucky as the series would def be finished without Rondo's contribution. I seriously thought this series was going to be over in 5 games and that the Denver vs New Orleans series would go to game 7.Reverse lol.
TNT stated that game 6 was the highest viewed 1st round playoff game ever with 5,352,000 total viewers.

Topic #19729 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

i did not really see the elbow just kirk going after him with like a chest bump. Rondo made it worse than it needed to be. The way i see it if you look close they clip heals and rondo leg comes up, i think he lost his balance then and held kirk as they are falling back kirk tussled him and then rondo threw him into the table.

As a celtics fan i'm very happy and thought he was gone especially as they review the miller thing the game before. If rondo was gone so were the celtics, i still don't know if they can get up but they stall a lot better chance.

Reply #233710 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Okay, so Howard gets suspended. Cool.

But Rondo, who intentionally hit Miller in the face so hard that he had to get stitches in his mouth and lost a tooth, and in the very next game, grabbed Hinrich by the arm and shoved him to the scorer's table and then threw a left elbow (that missed, fortunately) was not?

Reply #233716 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

I didn't suspend him cause the TV ratings would be shit if i did.

Reply #233720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The saddest thing about all this is how the league villified Tim Donaghy last year, and then swept the wole thing under the rug as quick as possible. Tim Donaghy should have been seen as a hero for exposing the NBA for what it really is, instead he was demonized and used as a scapegoat.

Reply #233726 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Howard got a game - Rondo should have got one also.

I understand the let them play stuff but than they shouldnt have scrathed Howard either!

Reply #233770 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

They need to look at the entire NBA suspension policies and rules. Ive thought that ever since Stoudamire missed out on a game in that crucial Spurs-Suns finals a couple years back. He got up off the bench and got a game, yet a guy like Rondo can elbow a guy and then pull a guy into the scorers table and get off. BS!

Reply #233773 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Rondo's elbow never even hit him. If it hit him then fine suspend him.

Reply #233803 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

King James. There is 2 separate incidents. In the 1st one, he clearly elbows Brad Miller in the side of the head with no intention to block the shot..IMO, that almost warranted a suspension alone because of the fact that he didnt even attempt to block the shot! Then he went and slang Hinrich into the scorers table. I just don't know whats what anymore in terms of suspension material.

Reply #233814 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

The NBA still need to Celtics for ratings. The Bulls haven't got the supprt of the nation yet ... and it's a better headline - LeBron Cavs finally get their revenge over the Celtics to reach the Finals !!!

Reply #233857 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

Rondo should have been suspended for his cheap shot on Brad Miller at the end of game 5. A game winning lay up by a centre, ball is a full centre's arm length at least away from where the foul occurred, and only a regular foul....? That would be an USF here in Australia, but the NBA professionals can not see the intent...? WTF?

Outragous at no penalty for Rondo, not even a pissy fine!!!

Reply #233982 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754