B-Easy
Years ago

John Wall is SCARY! Watch out NCAA!

John Wall has to be the most exciting High School prodigy since LeBron (please note i do not think he is as good as LeBron...yet)

Cant wait to see him in action for most likely the Tar Heels next season!

http://linky.com.au/j03zu

Topic #19769 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

I love that he plays for the "Holy Rams".

It would totally suck playing against someone like that in high school!

Reply #234123 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

speaking of wall on realgm they just mentioned today that he got charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering. That's a good start for the kid.

Reply #234128 | Report this post

Leopard 28  
Years ago

He got a good wrap following the USA v International game about a month back (i think it was LC who posted that thread).

Reply #234129 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wall has game and he could have nominated for the NBA this past season as he had an extra year in high school (or something like that).

One problem seems to be the crowd he hangs out with as joshuapending pointed out.

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/6006c

"Police said an officer detained Wall, 18, after observing him leaving out the back of the home.

Two minors were also detained and charged in connection with the break-in."

Reply #234130 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Maybe he was trying to steal a jumpshot.

I love those mixtapes. No defense, no jumpshots - just get to the rim and dunk it, or bust a wild move at the halfway line when a simple crossover would do the trick.

It's actually not a 'mix' at all, just the same thing over and over again. Show me a boxout! A good screen to get a teammate open! A full length dive to recover a lose ball! Now THAT's a mix!

*steps down off of soapbox*

Reply #234131 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Agreed Bo

BUT

"Show me a boxout! A good screen to get a teammate open! A full length dive to recover a lose ball!"

Thats not NBA basketball

Reply #234136 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

B Easy. I like the way I agree with the ...yet. Can't wait to see how he matches up with LeBron in the years to come.

Reply #234143 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

the guy can paly a little - and judging from some of those awesome slams - may be the next superstar in the NBA !!!

Reply #234147 | Report this post

Leopard 28  
Years ago

He's more of a Chris Paul/D-wade mould.

LeBron is 6"8 remember, Wall is only 6"3 (i think?) - so they are different possie's

Reply #234150 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I doubt you would have seen anything but dunks on LeBron's high school mix tape either. Players mature oer time - this guy is only 1. LeBron is still developing his game now (starting to add a more consistent outside game and playing great D).

Reply #234175 | Report this post

Years ago

Just for the record, Wall is a 6'4", 182lb PG, who is a native of Raliegh, North Carolina. He is as yet undecided on his college choice, but has seemingly narrowed it down to Duke, Kentucky, Miami (Fl), North Carolina State, Baylor, Florida, Kansas, North Carolina, Memphis and Oregon. He is the top PG in his class, and arguably the top player in his class, along with 6'9" C Derrick Favors, 6'9" DeMarcus Cousins, and 6'10" John Henson. If Wall commits to North Carolina, he and Henson (who is commited to the Tar Heels) could make a lethal big man/little man combination. North Carolina also have 4 other top prospects (2 SG's and 2 PF's) commited to them this year as well. North Carolina State also has some good prospects coming in as well.

I'd love to see a kid like this go to a less-heralded NCAA program and say "Forget about the lack of national exposure now, I'm going to make you (being the media) give us exposure with my great play." Stay there for four years, help win a national title (or at least come close), and establish a new basketball powerhouse at college level. The NBA isn't going anywhere, so it'd be nice to see a young athletic African-American star buck the trend and wait to go to the NBA.

OJ Mayo kind of did that, but he only stayed at USC for one year, and was never going to stay long enough for them to build a team around him. The less-hearalded program with the best chance to have done it recently was Ohio State, but their stars like Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook all left after their Freshman Year. If they'd all stuck around, they could have ended up with two championships IMO, a la Florida a couple of years back. But I guess the NBA money is more important.

Reply #234190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754