VIC
Years ago

Where will Joe Ingles end up?

Just wondering were people think Joe Inlis will end up??

NBA?

Europe?

or back to the enw leauge.

Topic #19783 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

euro. i hope somewhere on a nba roster but no doubt that would be a long trip in d-league and then bounced out. Seems to have dropped off the radar.

Reply #234250 | Report this post

Years ago

If Ingles gets drafted by an NBA team, I don't think he'd play there right away. I doubt he'd come back to a new NBL, because it's too uncertain what's happening, and wouldn't be the best place for a young NBA hopeful to continue his career at this point I wouldn't think. Europe looks like the most likely option I'd think, whether he gets drafted by an NBA team or not.

Here's a simpler break down:
1. Europe
2. NBA D-League
3. NBA
4. NBL

I'm just speculating though, giving my own opinions. I don't really know what his plans or goals are for 2009 and beyond. I'd assume NBA is the ultimate goal though.

Reply #234251 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

His passport should give him a lot of European options. I don't know for sure but I could see him taking a similar path to Newley, with or without being drafted.

Reply #234258 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Europe is my best guess, whether he is drafted by an NBA team or not.

Reply #234259 | Report this post

sarunas  
Years ago

does anyone think some of the negative stuff written on draft pages will impact coaches/scouts before he goes for workouts or is that stuff just for fans?

Reply #234275 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Just for fans, these guys dont get paid big salaries to sit at home and read web pages. And if they do where do I sign up!?

Reply #234281 | Report this post

vichoops  
Years ago

Draft Express has a pretty good feel for what the clubs and scouts are thinking I wouldnt right off the negative profile he has recently recieved. They get there feedback from the clubs.

Reply #234286 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Can't see any chance of a draft pick based on rate of development and recent season. Would love to see how Newley's game has developed/matured as there are comparisons and Brad is 2 years ahead of Joe. Europe is his best option to develop his game and eliminate weaknesses as he almost looked casual or even disinterested at times in nbl so going somewhere that he has to establish credibility rather than his reputation being ahead of him and appearing to have complacency issues could be best for him IMO. Going to states could be the challenge he needs to focus his brain and harness his talents to impress in D-league.

Reply #234410 | Report this post

flatshot: It sound like you are not only talking about Ingles but the whole Southern Tigers culture.

Reply #234419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754