blaze boi
Years ago

Blaze sign Joey Wright

http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=77903

cHECK THE link on nbl sight.

we got him for 3 years. equal best coach in league with goorjion.

we will get awesome players also with wright there.

thoughts?

Topic #19793 | Report this topic

milhouse  
Years ago

thoughts? blazeboi is a fag

Reply #234354 | Report this post

Ostrich12  
Years ago

I'll second that...

Reply #234358 | Report this post

blaze boi  
Years ago

at least my team is in the new league. 36ers are gone, worst case scenario for us top 4. best case scenario a championship.

oi wen the 36ers die if u guys start supporting the blaze, we may play a home game down there.

how would you like that. probs against a bad team like wollongong etc.

Reply #234359 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Dont confuse Blaze boi with the other muppets who have posted recently about everything from Brendan/Daniel 1 0n 1 games to Scott Mac getting an NBA gig.

The above info is correct and the Blaze have announced a conditional agreement with Joey (conditional on there actually being a league)

Hopefully we can now set about sorting out a squad. Have heard that Harvs and Vandy are in, and probably Demos. Harvs will depend on the $$ but his preference is apparently to stay on teh coast. Whitehead may be a slim chance but other than that Id say everyone else is retiring or looking elsewhere.

As for Joey attracting a star studded squad this will obviously depend on how the salary cap is structured and policed by the league.

Reply #234361 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I take back my above comment........

Blaze boi - if your going to post crap like your last effort above then your just as bad a troll as the idiots who have been doing their best to ruin everyones recent enjoyment of HoopSA - why bother?

Reply #234364 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Statman, you've just earnt yourself a stalker.. G

Reply #234366 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yes and Yes

Reply #234369 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I think your right TR, know anyone up this way who could help me out ;)

Alternatively you could make the trek North yourself - Not sure what paymnet youd expect but I hear from a reliable source you dont mind a jager or 2

Reply #234372 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm very tempted.. It's freaking cold here in Canberra. I do know some locals... I think we'll just have to let Isaac deal with the filth.

I'm guessing it was that ar$e monkey, blaze boi that created the '36ers is dead' and used your name..

Reply #234375 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ha - Bizzy must have been quick...I didnt even see that one!

Reply #234376 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It was uneducated and badly written so it could of only been the ar$emonkey.. So wasn't a Statman classic.

Reply #234379 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'm all over him Statman. :-)

Reply #234384 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Go Bizzy, that was quick!!

TR, borrow the work car, road trip!

Reply #234385 | Report this post

Been away from the bball scene for sometime now and had been looking to use Hoops to get back into the circle and jump back on the Aussie Bball supporters list and i gotta admit i am finding it difficult to figure out truth from fact boys so keep it simple for the newbies and enough with the false info!

lol dosnt seem to be the best time to get back into the game though..

Reply #234390 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Mmmm lets see how successful they will be.. i suggest the only chance it will be is if the owners spend big because all that joey has proved is that he can coach with a loaded overspent budget.

So its offical, the blaze are not only run and owned by fools they are also now coached by one!

Reply #234391 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

blaze boi is a raging homo, heard the blaze are gonna sign john ameachi as there import

Reply #234399 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Blaze boi stated "at least my team is in the new league. 36ers are gone, worst case scenario for us top 4. best case scenario a championship."

I wouldnt get too excited.......You may be in the top 4 of a 4 team competition the rate BA are going.

Reply #234400 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

and the winner of the milhouse 500 is MILHOUSE!

Reply #234401 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nice work Skip - you and Biz are doing well in trying circumstances, keep it up!

TR - when your saying things like "a Statman classic" I have to wondrer if your handle is being hijacked as well lol

Drb - pretty harsh call saying the blaze owners are idiots and also the new coach. I realie you were a big supporter of Brendan and feel he should still be the coach (what exactly is your connection there?)
Have you met Owen to be able to call him an idiot? Sure I dont know him overly well but do see him a couple of times a month and to me he seems far from stupid and has the best interest of Gold Coast basketball at the forefront of what he is trying to do with teh Blaze.

NVS - couldnt agree more - IF (and its a big if at the moment) teh leage does get up and running the changes that will be made and the player movements to/from ALL teams will be huge and any predictions at this stage arent worth considering

Reply #234415 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Joey got everything he wanted at Brisbane with Eddy and won 1 championship sorry Gold Coast but you could of done better.Check the last 10 years in the NBL see who has the most titles Joey isn't that good.

Reply #234433 | Report this post

Alamo  
Years ago

OMG- I thought this was Marcus Wright until i read.... phweeeww.

Reply #234440 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

You DO realise that Joey's incompetancies were covered up by having a truly ridiculously talented squad, don't you ? You've seen how well he did with less talented teams, right ? ...

Reply #234444 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

At this stage most Blaze Fans wouldn't care too much about Joey's coaching abilities, with or without a star studded (and cap busting) roster. The fact of the matter is that Joyce is gone, something most of us have been hoping for many months now.

(don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Drb)

As the 'sacking' of Joyce was very much a determining factor for my season ticket renewal, I am personally now very much relieved that I can start thinking about the new season, in whatever shape or form it takes.

And to clarify points made on an associated thread, Brisbane and Gold Coast fans hate each others teams with a passion. This is why any sort of a 'combo' deal, or playing selected home games in the other city, will not work. You just won't get the droves of fans turning up just to see NBL level basketball. If I can use a recent example, look at how many Kings fans flocked to watch the Spirit last year. Wasn't this one of the reasons for the name change? To make this worse, how many Razorbacks fans pulled the pin when the name change was announced.

Despite an increasing Bullets feel about the Blaze, fans will keep on board as long as the 'Gold Coast' bit remains at the front. And here's hoping that we can see a Brisbane team back soon. Not only do these fans deserve a team, both sets of fans deserve a return of the rivalry.

Reply #234521 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Fallout over Blaze sacking lingers
Artice in the GC bulletin.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/05/08/76865_gold-coast-blaze.html

Would Wright keep SOJ as a <5 min player?

Reply #234522 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

well the club should do the decent thing like perth did and pay out a substantial part of joyce contract.

Reference Daniel i would keep him in the team.

Reply #234532 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could keep SoJ for 5-10 minutes unless a better option was available.

As for Joyce, the Blaze were very silly to sign him to such a long term deal and it's only fair that they meet him part way rather than avoid much of a payout. That said, clubs in general have a bit of a history of screwing players/coaches in this type of situation (Nash, Ninnis, etc).

Reply #234567 | Report this post

GCBLAZE09  
Years ago

Give Joey a chance and stop beating the guy down....For those haters out there why don't you go out there and try it....I say goodluck to all the teams and most of all GOODLUCK TO THE BLAZE.........

Reply #245825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754