thedoctor
Years ago

Club Fund Raising - NBA Live

Just had an idea. NBA Live tournament played on a BIG screen (a few) or projector used for the final. Each player pays entry fee ($10-20), cash and other prizes awarded as incentives. Maybe $100 for the winner.

Held at the club, over a few hours, maybe before an ABL game, with the final played at half-time. If not, could be held any time.

All procees go to the club.

Waddaya think?

Topic #1981 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds good. I don't really play NBA Live these days, but I have it on Xbox, a projector and a 100" screen.

Could be a Hoops SA thing. Maybe run it at a pub which has a few big screens already.

I always wondered why the Sixers never did this pre-game or at half-time and get some sponsorship money from EA and Microsoft or Sony.

Reply #22487 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Only one issue. Might be some intellectual property problems. It's like screening a movie for money, I suppose.

I really think the kids would take to it, and parents would fork out the $20 to get rid of their kids for a couple of hours.

I, of course, couldn't enter. The complete domination would be embarrasing. Jermaine O'Neill and Reggie Miller - dealy combo

Reply #22488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Free to play. Make money from drinks and food.

When you think about how often people pump gold coins into Buck Hunter at the pub, a chance to humiliate some upstart on the big screen would have to be worth $5+.

Reply #22490 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Maybe a knock-out type of thing. Find 26 people willing to say $10.00 each in, and then they draw a team out of a hat (cheezeburger, we will give you atlanta), and then play a knock-out tournment to decide the winner.

This maybe a better thing to do with a few friends than trying to make money from it, $100 for the winner, $50 for the runner up, rest spent on entertainment.

What would make it more interest is some live adult entertainment as well, get in some cheerleaders, some big fat cigars.......ah forget it, kiddies might read this.....

Reply #22491 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I was thinking a knockout type thing.

I reckon it could work as a fund-raiser. You could go any team, except for all-star teams, and no created players.

People can use the same team (dallas V dallas) if they want. Doesn't matter.

Reply #22524 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

NBA Street V3!!!!!

Reply #22574 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

As long as I can bring my dynasty mode roster...!

Reply #22611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754