Quagmire
Years ago

Crunch time for LA/Hou Magic/Celts

With both of these series now a best of 3 scenario, todays games become critical.

With LA having homecourt, Rockets without any size and Kobe coming off a shocker, you would expect LA to put Houston to the torch.

I'm calling out Kobe in this game. No way MJ is having two stinkers in a row, no way MJ would let Houston win this game.

I'm reminded of the telling stat- LA are 2-7 in play-off games when Kobe shoots over 30 times... Look for Houston to continue single coverage and tempt Kobe to a big night of jump shooting that can pad his scoring while hurting his team.

10 freethrows is what Kobe should be thinking. Would love to see the win/loss for when he shoots over 10 freethrows...?

Despite the spirit shown by these Rockets, you would think getting another two wins is beyond them.

Magic are proving that relying on one 'uber' defender does not compare with a whole team of defenders. If KG was healthy these Celts would of swept the Bulls and Magic.

Not enough was made of the pass Pierce threw to big baby either. He committed to that play 100%. A huge star coughed it up the instant he needed to, (Kobe would of shot it and missed)and what i liked most was that the pass hit big baby at a perfect place to set the shot. Look at the replay if you want to see it, but the pass was caught right where Davis begins his shooting motion. No precious seconds lost to catching the ball above his head or even a foot to the side, Paul put it dead on the money and Davis had all the time he needed. Fantastic play, fantastic player and with homecourt, the Celts will get the job done today.

There you have it, i've tipped the Lakers and the Celts, so look for the Rockets and Magic to have big wins today.

Topic #19866 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I too like your logic about the Lakers taking out today's game. Lakers by 12.

Celtics will have it tougher today I reckon....and are down ar half time. I can still see them getting up for the W, but by just 3 points.

Reply #235416 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Magic are up @ halftime, Rondo and Allen havn't really made an impact in todays game which is why their down at the halve

Reply #235419 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

How does a back-court of Alston and Red-dick hold Rondo and Allen to 4-17 shooting?

Reply #235421 | Report this post

Henley Alumni  
Years ago

I think the Chicago series may be taking its toll an Ray Ray. And don't underestimate the effect a guy like Howard waiting in the paint can have on the confidence of Rondo to drive.

Reply #235431 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Why is it, Jordan wouldn't do that...I'm calling Kobe out etc etc...Kobe is not Jordan.

And Jordan has had many many stinkers in a row.

Reply #235442 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm amazed at the lack of production from Boston's backcourt too! In theory, that is their area of dominance over the Magic. But as Henley Alumni says, Howard's shot blocking has made it very difficult for Rondo to cause mayhem through penetration like he usually does.

Ray Allen, well who knows? Probably fatigue is a factor, but I have to give credit to Redick, Pietrus and Lee, they have stuck to both Allen and House like glue in this series. Very few open looks, meanwhile Allen is getting beaten off the dribble on a regular basis by these guys.

When you think about it, there is probably a Howard/ no KG factor in there as well. Redick, Lee and Pietrus know they can get right up on Allen, because they are confident that Howard will cover their @sses if they get beaten.

Conversely, Ray and the other Celtics had the best team defensive 3pt% in the league last season because KG had their backs (ok Posey helped too). This time around they are having to back off more, because they can't allow too much penetration with their thin front line.

I cringe when I think what is going to happen if the Celtics make it through to play the Cleveland Lebrons!

Reply #235455 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

without KG the Celts are done against Superman for they don't no kryptonite ... Kobe has been really ill thehe last few games - a testament to his courage and commitment to still be out there battling on - but when he gets well - Rockets might as well forget it

Reply #235714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754