LC
Years ago

Celtics vs Magic - Game 6 **Spoiler**

Start of the 2nd and the C's have a marginal lead.

Rondo has 8 points and 8 rebounds, 2 assist and 1 steal already! Pierce and Perkins the other major scorers. Allen just 0/2 from the field.

Howard and LEwis carrying the Magic so far.

Topic #19896 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Rondo's rebounding in unbelievable. Best rebounding PG since Jason Kidd. I haven't watched him carefully enough to see how he rebounds so well, but he must be a very smart, hard worker. Huge hops too for a small guy

Reply #235816 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Rondo has 16 rebounds late into the 4th...Looking like the Magic are finishing over the top of the C's...

Allen has had another quiet game so far...2/9 FG shooting for 5 points and 0/5 from 3PT.

Hedo with a big three to nealry put it beyond the C's reach...6 point Magic lead with just over 1min remaining. Game 7 on the way at Boston.

Reply #235820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pencil in game 7 in Boston.

The C's have to get something more out of Allen at home if they want to pull this series out. He has been very poor in this series are going gang-busters in the latter games against the Bulls.

I still believe the C's can get it done at home, but only if Allen can at least score 15+ points at a reasonable shooting clip and they continue to get good service from Pierce, Rondo and Perkins. Big Bayb also had a quiet game...that didn't help and yet the result was close.

Howard backed up his talk with 23 points and 22 rebounds (and 3 blocks). Big game, and he had great help from Lewis with 20.

Poor 3PT shooting continued to plague both teams, 16.7% for the C's and 23.1% for the Magic.

Reply #235821 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Either team is just going to serve as cannon fodder for the Cavs in the ECF.

Reply #235824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C's turnovers really hurt them when they had a nice little buffer earlier on. Hopefully they can get the game at home but i too fear about the Cavs. Only possible thing is that they have to loose eventually.

Reply #235835 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Rondo got 16 rebounds? Wow. Do the Magic know what a box out is?

Reply #235836 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And with the Lakers looking shaky against the injury depleted Rockets, the Nug's have a great chance to get through to then NBA finals!

Reply #235837 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I think you're right...I've been following it heaps whilst here.

Cavs will annihilate anyone who wins this series....But I'm rooting for the Magic after this evening.

I've not really watched them until this series, but the Nuggets have been brilliant and they destroyed a very strong Dallas outfit with barely a hiccup. They are more than capable of taking anyone on. They have a truly well balanced TEAM of players.

A Cavs v Nuggets Series would make me happy...but I can only hope that the Magic can find a way through.

Reply #235852 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Nug's play entertaining ball...a Finals series between the Cav's and Nug's would be great entertainment IMO.

Reply #235855 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wish I had a pineapple on the Nugs at the beginning of the season.....

Reply #235884 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

celts to get over the magic just and beat the cavs in 7 never underestimate the celts. Lakers to smash houston in game 7 and beat the nuggets thanks to kobe.
celts V Lakers finals series
Garnett to make a comeback but kobe to take over and lakers to take the series in 6.

Reply #235890 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

celts to get over the magic just and beat the cavs in 7 never underestimate the celts. Lakers to smash houston in game 7 and beat the nuggets thanks to kobe.
celts V Lakers finals series
Garnett to make a comeback but kobe to take over and lakers to take the series in 6.

Reply #235891 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I'd like to see the Celtics run more isolation plays for Allen to get him involved a bit more. The Magic are doing a great job staying on his hip and not giving him any good looks. But Ray is a fairly decent penetrator - if he gets a few scores or easy dishes by getting into the lane it could help free him up a bit.

Reply #235898 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

DICKO why will the Cavs annihilate anyone who wins the Boston Orlando series?? Cavs haven't even been tested yet. They played a crap Detroit team and an injured plagued Atlanta. Orlando and Boston are two different teams that will really test them.

Reply #235923 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

KingJames.....just that the Cavs are a full squad.

Celtics will limp into the conference finals if they get past Magic, without Garnett.

Magic are far from full strength as well.

Plus, love him or hate him, LBJ is absolutely on fire at the moment.

Just my opinion.

Reply #236011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754