LC
Years ago

Magic @ Celtics - Game 7 **Spoiler**

So who will win this game? I reckon the C's can limp over the line to win by 5.

Allen needs to step up and hit some baskets!

Link: http://linky.com.au/avik9

Topic #19919 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

Hard to say... if I was a betting man I'd pick C's, purely for home-court.

Just found out my sister is at the game... no fair!

Reply #236078 | Report this post

Belly  
Years ago

Any TV coverage????

Reply #236079 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Doesn't look like it Belly. :( It's not on Foxtel, according to someone I know who has it and checked this morning. Didn't appear on the EPG for One before I left for work either. Streaming or a torrent after the game are probably the only realistic options.

Reply #236084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.justin.tv/rntv_playoffs

Reply #236088 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This is the advantage of having NBA League Pass - doesn't matter if it's not on TV.

Reply #236092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does it work well for you Bizzy? Mine kept buffering all the time so I didn't continue with it.

Reply #236094 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Magic with a good lead after 1...they have hit 5/6 from long range to lead 27-17.

Reply #236095 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Can you watch games that have been previously shown with League Pass? I'd think about getting it, but there'd be no point for me if it was live only, as I'm typically working when games are on.

Reply #236101 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

who's everyone kidding? no matter what happens the LeBron v Kobe Finals has already been preordained by the higher ups - in fact the advertising posters are starting to go up with Lebron v Kobe with the NBA trophy between them - just like last year when they wanted the LA-Celtics rivalry - they already had Bird/Magic montague even before the Finals started and Pistons-Boston were still finishing their series

Reply #236105 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hereschenes, you can watch replays of the game for 24 hours after it is played. There tends to be less buffering in replays as well, which is nice. As anon said above, sometimes you can end up with too much buffering - as I am getting this morning dammit!

I'm hoping I can actually see my Celtics come from behind to take game 7! Keep shooting Ray!

Reply #236106 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Rondo with the buzzer beating "foot-on-line" 2 to close out the third.. C's only down 5 points. Game on if they wake up.

Reply #236110 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Anon - My League Pass works a treat - does buffer sometimes, but not continuously and the few times it has I jumped on their online help and they boosted the signal to Aus for that game.

Reply #236111 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Go the magic. See ya lata boston, you're overrated!

Reply #236115 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boston are gone....

Reply #236116 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

Unless there is a massive comeback, looks like Boston have run out of legs, down 17 with 5 min 11 to go...

Reply #236120 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

now 12 with 4:11 to go on the back of a Ray 3...

Reply #236121 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hedo has played a blin der and with a couple of daggers he has all but ended the C's season...

Reply #236123 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It's sad when you see the reigning champ's empty the bench for the last 2min of a game 7 down by 20+ points...

Reply #236124 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

bye bye C's. down 23 with less than 2 min to go. Wonder if KG and Powe will be back next year??

Reply #236125 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

101-82 to the Magic. Hedo was awesome...and his team mates were hot from downtown. 13/21 on triples (61.9%) compared to the C's 4/16 (25%). Huge discrepancy right there.

Reply #236127 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Even though I hoped the Celtics might get up the Magic deserve to be there and have the ability to push Cleveland more than the Celtics. It is fitting that the best two East teams (post Garnett injury) now play off in the Conference finals.

Side note: Rondo's playoff stats - 16.9 ppg, 9.8 apg, 9.7 rpg ans 2.5 spg. Wow! Imagine if he learns to shoot!

Reply #236128 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey Bizzy,
that's pretty cool that you were able to get such a prompt response from the League Pass guys. I generally get a pretty good feed, but sometimes, like today, it is absolute rubbish. I will have to try that next time I have a problem. Can you remember what you said to get them to make the effort for you?

Good game from the Magic today. It looks like they have learned from their mistakes in this series and came out with the self-belief they needed. As a result, they made their shots tonight, instead of choking down the stretch.

Celtics, on the other hand, just weren't right tonight. Too many blown layups - Perkins, Davis, Rondo, Marbury - and too many critical fumbles and dumb errors (House misreading a rebound and Davis assuming House had it lead to a Magic offensive rebound in the 3rd).

In the end, shorthanded as they were, the Celtics were playing with too small a margin for error in this series and it finally caught up with them tonight. There were just out of miracles.

And Dr Bullshit, KG and the Celtics will be back next year to open up a can of whup ass on the league. Then we'll see whether they are over-rated.

Reply #236129 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Does everyone going on about the Celtics missing Garnett remember that Magic just defeated them whilst ALSO missing an all-star?

I agree that a Garnett-less Boston is weakened, but to claim that they would have rolled Magic is unreasonable.

I think that Nagic will take it to the Cavs AND I reckon the Nuggs will challenge the Lakers.

Reply #236145 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nugs to beat Lakers, Cavs to beat Magic.

Cavs vs Nugs finals.

I'd like to see that. Would be very entertaining.

Reply #236146 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

DICKO,

KG is a multiple All Star, DPOY, MVP etc etc. Nelson is/was a fringe All Star. That is a big difference.

Plus had Nelson not been injured the Magic wouldn't have got Alston - who has been very important in this series.

Reply #236151 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Oh well now the Magic are cannon fodder for Cleveland. I wonder if they'll get a win.

Reply #236158 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Oh well now the Magic are cannon fodder for Cleveland. I wonder if they'll get a win."

Orlando won 20 more games then Detroit and 12 more games then an injury plagued Atlanta during the regular season. Those two teams do not compare with Orlando! So how you and others can say they got no hope I do not understand. Cleveland are an awesome side but this Magic team is good also. In fact they won the season series 2-1 over the cavs including a 30 point game (or something close to that). They also lost in Cleveland by 2. Lebron will face greater difficulties taking it inside against Howard!

Reply #236169 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

im just glad marbury wont get a ring this year

Reply #236177 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

+ 1 to that milhouse.

KJ, agreed. IMO the Magic will give the Cavs a good run. Cavs have been waiting for a few days now for the series to start..

Cavs in 6 because of the Lebron factor.

Reply #236180 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Lets just get this straight so it doesnt get all confused later.

Summary of my statements.

- Magic deserve more respect than they are getting. As has been the case all season.
- KG is a better player than Nelson, but Nelson is an all star (Fringe or not....still a quality player) and his loss DID upset their roster.
- The Nuggets will take it to the Lakers. I did NOT state that they would win the series.
- Magic will take it to the Cavs. I also did NOT say that they would win the season.

I'd LIKE to see the Nuggets win, I'm sick of the Lakers cruising. I'd LOVE to see Magic win....props to LBJ for his season......but these are my adopted Bois we're talking about.

Go Magic!!!!

Reply #236394 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Dicko, Nelson is a decent player, and did hurt the Magic, but NOWHERE NEAR as much as losing KG hurt the Celtics.

1. No KG and no Powe meant a rotation of Perkins, Davis and Scal. Thats an awfully short rotation to try and counter Howard, Lewis, Gortat and Battie!!!

2. KG was DPOY last year. This is huge in itself, but to the Celtics this is even more crucial, because one of the Celtics weaknesses is that with Ray and Pierce on the perimeter, they are a step slow. With KG in, Pierce and Ray can afford to play tighter on 3pt shooters and not worry about them blowing by. This is why they had the best 3pt defensive FG % last year.

3. KG v Rashard Lewis - the Magic's biggest offensive threat in the series becomes a non-factor.

4. Howard struggled to score on Perkins. Most of his points came on offensive boards/ dishes when Perk was forced to defend dribble penetration. That ain't happening more than a couple of times a game with KG in there.

5. Hedo is going to find it a lot harder to drive to the basket with KG defending the rim. Pierce could play him tight on the perimeter and he would get fewer open 3's.

6. Pierce and Allen would not have been as worn down -apparently Pierce has bone spurs and Allen has a hamstring injury - probably from chasing Gordon and Hinrich around for 7 games, which also would never have happened with KG in there.

7. With KG, the Celtics would have been able to play their normal inside-out game. Kick it into KG to post up - no double team he goes to work and is a serious threat to score. Double team him and then his passing skills are phenomenal - he is going to find open perimeter players for threes and cuts to the basket.

So sorry Dicko, but losing KG absolutely killed the Celtics chances. They went from having an equal chance of winning it all, to overachieving in taking the Magic to 7.

How does Nelson's impact stack up against that?

Reply #236407 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I just made 4 completely clear and concise statements so that there was no confusion.

Which one of those did you understand to say that KG's loss did not upset Boston?

Of course his loss hurt Boston and probably quite a bot more than Nelsons hurt the Magic.

My point is simply that the ASSUMPTION that Mgic would have crumbled completely against a full stregnth Boston is unfair.

The fact that Magic are now 1-0 against the unstoppable Cavs indicates I was probably right.

Not that they would have beaten the Celtics....only that they DESERVE more respect than they are getting.

The Magic ARE taking it to the Cavs AND the Nuggets are taking it to the Lakers (Lakers were lucky not to be 2 down).....As predicted. I REALLY hope they each win.

Reply #236698 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Cavs also damn lucky to not be down 2-0.

Well done LBJ....but if I was Brown, I'd be FAR more concerned about them giving up back to back HUGE leads.

Reply #236745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754