panther party
Years ago

Boti shows his bias... again

Here are 2 quotes from Boti from the weekend.

"...while at Hillcrest, North and South will start the process of separating the wheat from the chaff of the women's comp."

"...but the upset of the round was at Hillcrest where South beat North 71-65, centre Kerrin Truslove with a 24-point, 11-rebound double."

It seems that Boti had already started separating the wheat from the chaff in his biased writing.
Maybe its the resentment from the spanking the panthers gave his daughters team the week before but to make the statment "start the process of separating the wheat from the chaff" only to call the result an upset is just poor reporting.

What else would we expect from Biased Boti however?

Topic #19927 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

shut up fool. best basketball writer in country. possibly best sports writer in the country aswell IMO.

Reply #236191 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

*facepalm*

I don't think you understand what he means by "separating the wheat from the chaff". It's a process of seeing what comes out on top, being left with the good stuff. So, in a competition like this, the games will decide who is good and who is not so good.

And, if that wasn't the upset of the round (the visitors winning when previously the two teams were even on the table), what was? The team with a better ladder position won the other four games, so there were no upsets there.

Sorry Panther Party, but in your eagerness to trash Boti, your topic is clearly embarrassment of the round.

Reply #236193 | Report this post

panther party  
Years ago

I have been suitably facepalmed... sorry everyone

Reply #236194 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

It would be nice if he tried to report with some sort of impartial view.

I do prefer some basketball coverage as opposed to none, however Boti's articles rank only a second last to Rebecca Wilson's when it comes to being impartial.

Reply #236196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther Party,
Boti's sarcastic tone may be misconstrued by some as bias from time to time, but I don't know if it was necessarily biased against the Panthers.

The women's comp has a couple of leaders and a couple of cellar dwellers, with any of the rest able to make the finals, so for those in the middle, each game is a must win if they want to play finals.

Centrals girls haven't won a game since 3rd June 2006 and their last win was against the Panthers. Each week is a week closer to a win for them.

So, rather than let Boti worry you with his sarcastic writing, maybe ask yourself "Who will the Lions women beat to break their drought?"

Reply #236197 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

How much has he given it to Forestville since he left there.
I find it all too boring to read and often one eyed towards whoever he feels like.

Really in need of a lifestyle change

Reply #236199 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

ESP, why would Boti bother remarking at all if there was no 'colour' in the reporting. It has to be interesting/ insightful/ controversial or nobody would read it. If that all you are after, go straight to the results page and scan the small print to find out what you want!

Reply #236200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe he's just balanced up after going easy on Forestville while he was there? All a matter of perspective.

Reply #236207 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

XY, I am all for him taking a position, but he does it in spite of all reality sometimes.

Reply #236211 | Report this post

Lost  
Years ago

Some of you just wouldn't know good journalism if you fell over it.

Reply #236212 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Boti rocks !! End of story...next topic

Reply #236220 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Who are you lost? Boti or Rebecca?... come on own up;)

Reply #236222 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

a lot of people trash Bptibut really who else would we have to write about basketball

i personally enjoy his topics and snide remarks...i have spoken w him before at 6ers games and like most media identities (ala Sam Newman) he is totally different away from his spotlight

Reply #236226 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Interesting thoughts Issac.
You must admit that he does seem to "gloss over" the excellent results this club has in both Juniors and Seniors for the past few years

Reply #236230 | Report this post

starvin marvin  
Years ago

Haha, you south australians only get the sadvertiser, possibly the worst example of journalism i've ever come across - followed closely by the daily telegraph and herald sun (i lived in SA for 5 years and it's slightly worse than the other 2 IMO), that's not to say fairfax papers aren't flawed, but they're at least readable.

Boti aint bad however i must say, but everything else in the paper is semi-laughable.

Reply #236238 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marvin - if it was a while back that you were here, you'll be pleased to know that The Advertiser has only declined from there (IMO).

Reply #236242 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Boti is the best Bball writer in the country & we are lucky that he is a passionate 36ers fan.

Reply #236255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bias or not, honestly, that you get regular ABL reporting in your paper/online is pretty stunning. I think you get more ABL coverage in Adelaide than we ever had for the NBL in Sydney.

Reply #236263 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

"a second last to Rebecca Wilson's when it comes to being impartial" - the bane of my weekend sports reporting intake.

* shudders *

Reply #236266 | Report this post

Good/ Bad  
Years ago

Boti would have to be the best Bball writer in the country, without doubt.

Great jurno/ average coach.

Reply #236270 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

People complain about Boti's biased views, hey you want to try and listen to people like KG and Cornsy when the word Crows are mentioned. That's biased. At least we have someone in the state that can write about our sport. And yes I hate the power as well.

Reply #236296 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If you want bias, What about those Victorian AFL commentators?

I get a little jacked off when they keep on trying to push the line that Sydney and Brisbane are just Victorian clubs on holidays with spells outside the state to convert the great unwashed.

Reply #236301 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Exactly Jack Toft, or when they say of a former Vic playing interstate, like Chris Knights, "former Victorian, Knights....", but you never hear them call, for example, Angus Monfries or Joel Patfull, former South Australians.....like we have to be made aware of the fact that there are Vics in our teams!! Drives me crazy!!

Reply #236310 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, anyone who lines up to have a crack at Boti and his magic mo need to have a look (or listen) at some of the tripe that dribbles from AFL comemntators mouths

Reply #236318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps, just perhaps, being called the best basketball reporter in OZ is because he is in a diminished mini field and it's akin to AFL players being named in an Australians team -to play against who?
That said, with the sixers on skid row, it's nice to know we at least have, 'the best at something' here in Adelaide.

Reply #236344 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Heard KG say (about a year ago) that , in his opinion-Boti was the best sports journalist in Australia

Reply #236346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I worry about a camel with one hump who gets its news from K G.....

Reply #236356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti is a terrible sportswriter I want one person to put up an article that he has written that proves he is the best sportswriter in the country. I have met the man in person and I personally thinks he needs to get over himself.

Reply #236866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best out of how many is more pertinent? Basketball journalaists in Australia are surplus to requirements and a luxury that most paper don't need

Reply #236891 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Todays article - 'Too late to breath fire, Mark '
( Cowan ) - is pretty good.

Reply #237065 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754